Next project

jccabinets

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Jc: Those look FANTASTIC. I think you really got it this time!
Ya they needed some extra attention, I'm glad I went through with it. What you guys see and what I see are two different things. They have looked good all along on the phone but in person they just didn't look right until today.

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Jc: Youre the man. I know youre really going to enjoy those beautiful Drums. What a great shade of blue.

jccabinets

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well I'm finally happy, more than happy I'm thrilled with the way these look. That last round of sanding and my special mix of 8 oz of gloss in 2 OZ of satin was perfect. Now it's time to hear them, it's just a special moment here in a drum set for the first time!
IMG_20200823_144942.jpg
IMG_20200823_144931.jpg

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Bravo!! What a great looking set...that shade of blue is so different and so nice looking. Great work!

Last edited:

jccabinets

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Bravo!! What a great looking set...that shade of blue is so different and so nice looking. Great work!
Thank you, yes it is very pretty in person, what a great color Rogers had back in the day.

jccabinets

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
And...we have a winner! Great work, JC! Your patience and perfectionism paid off. Now, take a deep breath with a job well done!!

-Mark
Thank you Mark! Thank you for all of your help with parts and advice, I'm lucky to have such a knowledgeable friend like you to guide me!

Rockin' Billy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Keepin’ the beat since 1973 Woodstock, N.Y.
Thanks Russ, how's the orange sparkle mij kit look?
I took the snare apart and cleaned and that’s all time has let me get done unfortunately.
I’ve posted here and Vintage MIJ forum looking for the pc. that’s missing for Tom mount out of bass drum for rack tom with zero replies. I may have to figure out something.

Latest posts