NGD Gibson G-45 Studio

drumbum91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Been looking for a USA made all solid wood guitar that wouldn’t break the bank for a while now. This one popped up local and I jumped on it. Lady barely played it and it came with a really nice hard shell case. Looking forward to making music with this bad boy for a long time!

Attachments

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Everyone goes for Martins and (recently) Taylors for acoustic, but I have found it difficult to beat a Gibson acoustic of ANY vintage.

drumbum91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Everyone goes for Martins and (recently) Taylors for acoustic, but I have found it difficult to beat a Gibson acoustic of ANY vintage.
Agreed and for good reasons. I’ve really liked the Martins I’ve played in the past. Even some of the lower end laminate guitars have been impressive. Just at a point where I can afford a little better quality stuff and want to spend it on quality made in US stuff. Don’t get me wrong I have my share of instruments made abroad but there’s something magic about using American instruments to me.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Gibson is inconsistent, or I would probably own a bunch of them. Martin gives me better results from one to the next, so I have had more of those. I moved away from Taylor several years ago. I hope your new one treats you well for a long time!

drumbum91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Played a show Saturday night and was pleasantly surprised with the fishman sonitone system. I am torn between keeping that or installing a K&K pure mini.. My only complaint so far is the tuner buttons on the mini rotomatic grovers…. I fixed that with larger replacement buttons, I think they look better too. Needs a few tweaks to the action as well but I’m in love otherwise. Little side note this guitar smells amazing (weird I know but trust me)!

Attachments

sonicD

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm real interested in trying out the Jumbo version of these. Haven't found a shop that's got one yet, but I'm looking.