NGD

drumbum91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Posting this the day after. Not long ago I posted about picking up the Gibson G-45 acoustic. It has been the best instrument purchase in quite some time. It checks off every box for me being made in USA and all solid wood.

That said I put my Taylor up for sale. 214ce sunburst finish which I was never a fan of, beautiful finish but not my style. I immediately had a guy message me wanting to buy it. I knew him and agreed to hold it until he got off the road on a run of shows. Long story short he ghosted me (no surprise) so I was stuck with the Taylor and the Gibson.. Friend of mine messaged me and wanted to check the Taylor out so we agreed on if he liked it a price and all. He had a Charvel that he immediately put up for sale to pay for the Taylor. He received a trade offer for a LP Studio, I’d never owned a LP but this one I fell in love with immediately. I agreed to trade the Taylor for the LP Studio. Got my hands on it yesterday and I have to say this is the best playing guitar I’ve ever owned. I really like the simplistic look and it sounds killer (burstbuckers are nice). I played it for the entire rehearsal last night. It almost plays too easy, definitely have to learn to play with a lighter touch. The prior owner removed the pick guard and installed some hipshot tuners and I really like them. The SKB case is a nice touch too!!

PS… With all this NGD stuff lately I’ve been really hankering for a Gretsch USA drum kit… After my time done in the dog house maybe the misses will let me splurge again

Attachments

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
That’s great… is that all mahogany? Sorry I’ve no idea, but regardless it looks totally the real deal.

My new LP is only a repro, but the action, relief, intonation and nut (after a minor nut file job adjustment) is superb… and it plays like butter. So very good.

The LP neck (well my new one anyway) reminds me of my handmade book matched fingerstyle acoustic guitar. I’ve measured both and they are very similar, width up the neck, tho the LP is a little thicker depth wise all along. I’m not sure but the neck radius looks the same … and plays like it is.

It’s maybe why they play so well.

drumbum91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That’s great… is that all mahogany? Sorry I’ve no idea, but regardless it looks totally the real deal.

My new LP is only a repro, but the action, relief, intonation and nut (after a minor nut file job adjustment) is superb… and it plays like butter. So very good.

The LP neck (well my new one anyway) reminds me of my handmade book matched fingerstyle acoustic guitar. I’ve measured both and they are very similar, width up the neck, tho the LP is a little thicker depth wise all along. I’m not sure but the neck radius looks the same … and plays like it is.

It’s maybe why they play so well.
I believe it’s maple but I haven’t been able to find much info on this guitar. I think it originally was satin finish but I think the prior owner put a coat of clear on it. I love the playability and the sound is good too. It’s now my #1