Nice behind the scenes view of Brian Blade's current setup

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He's a master musician, of course he's musical. He's expressing very musical ideas, but he obviously can't really play.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That was very cool - thanks for posting . I really like Brian’s ride cymbal - is that his old A 24” ?

What It Is

Reaction score
Chick's YouTube channel is hilarious. Love him standing outside the London House in Chicago asking passerby's "Do you remember this place?" Brian's kit always sounds wonderful. I think the right ride is the Spizz? It's all in the Bolero's.

deegeebee

Reaction score
That was very cool - thanks for posting . I really like Brian’s ride cymbal - is that his old A 24” ?
Not sure that looks like a 24 to me, "the" 24" Old A is long since dead I think. Does anyone know what these cymbals are? Assuming one is a Spizz?

He does have a nice touch and is playing very melodically, just lacks the muscle memory to excecute what he is thinking.

glaze148

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
With that voice, I’m assuming it’s Christian McBride. Such a cool thing to see.
Thnx

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
Great vid. When I saw BB a few years ago at Monterey jazz, I believe it was a 22 old K, 22 spizz and 22 K con light, L to R. Interesting patterns by Chick....

Nice Monk-ing around by CMB on the piano too....

Matched Gripper

Reaction score
... witch Chick noodling around on it. Kinda thought he would have more chops than that considering he has become a Sabian endorser. That hat chick sound is something else.

Best post of the month! I thoroughly enjoyed that! I hardly recognized Chick Corea. He's lost a lot of weight. And, Brian Blade's cymbals sound amazing whoever is playing them.

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Love Brian Blade, one of my top 5 drummers. His tuning sounds great too and Chick shows talent behind the drum set.