Nick Lowe and Los Straitjackets...

lamartee

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last time I saw Nick Lowe was way way too many years ago with Rockpile opening for Blondie. Well I saw him tonight with Los Straitjackets backing him up. What a show! he sounded terrific and Los Straitjackets just killin' it all night. Lots of fun and great great music.
20220622_205742.jpg

mydadisjr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I dug lots of his songs back in the day... but what the heck is up with the masks on the backup guys?

pedro navahas

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, I saw them a few years ago, got right up and personal, great combination!

Attachments

• D43E9C23-67F4-43ED-922B-6C496658E339.jpeg
    D43E9C23-67F4-43ED-922B-6C496658E339.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 11

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's twice now that they've played around me and I couldn't make it...:mad:

Watched some shows on YT and they sound fantastic.

Blue Zurich

Reaction score
That's great to hear, I'm seeing Elvis this summer and Nick is listed as well, didn't know if it was this lineup or an addition to the Imposters. Hopefully his full band!

BlackPearl

Reaction score
Nick Lowe writes some of the catchiest pop songs there are. In fact one of his more obscure ones is a real ear worm for me - the tune Couldn't Love You (Any More than I Do), from the relatively unheralded album Nick The Knife. It's been years since I actually listened to the album, but after just hearing Nick Lowe's name, I have the tune stuck in my head, where it probably will be for days. Fortunately, I like the tune a lot.

I could only find a cover of it on Youtube (which I guess qualifies it as obscure), but it is on Amazon Music, and presumably other streaming services. Listen at your peril !

lamartee

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nick Lowe writes some of the catchiest pop songs there are. In fact one of his more obscure ones is a real ear worm for me - the tune Couldn't Love You (Any More than I Do), from the relatively unheralded album Nick The Knife. It's been years since I actually listened to the album, but after just hearing Nick Lowe's name, I have the tune stuck in my head, where it probably will be for days. Fortunately, I like the tune a lot.

I could only find a cover of it on Youtube (which I guess qualifies it as obscure), but it is on Amazon Music, and presumably other streaming services. Listen at your peril !
Amen to that!

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have told this many times…but…I met Nick while shopping on the exclusive,Kings Road..in London…summer of 1985….

He was in Robot Shoes…..buying dress shirts,of all things..and I recognized him…..Too cool!..Got his autograph…

He signed..”Best Always..Nick Lowe”

RBagg454

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last time I saw Nick Lowe was way way too many years ago with Rockpile opening for Blondie. Well I saw him tonight with Los Straitjackets backing him up. What a show! he sounded terrific and Los Straitjackets just killin' it all night. Lots of fun and great great music. View attachment 567251
Hey! I saw him on that Blondie tour too. Also with Los Straitjackets a few years ago. Both were great shows

studrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

He is brilliant. I totally enjoy listening to him just solo, accompanying himself on guitar.