Nickel Cleaner/Polish Recommendation

jazzdrummer62

Reaction score
I have a few early 50's Slingerland Radio King drums with nickel hoops and lugs (not sure about the tension rod material) and am looking for recommendations on the best cleaner/polish to use. I've only cleaned chrome and have used Noxon 7 but it does not list Nickel on the metals it's for. Can anyone give me some recommendations based on experience. Thank You

kdgrissom

Reaction score
They probably don't list it because Nickel plating has dwindled significantly since Chrome came on the scene.
There are many products and probably most with identical ingredients, but I've been using "Flitz" for years and I have never been dissatisfied.

Reactions: JDZ

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
Cape cod cloths. You'll be amazed at what nickel is actually supposed to look like!

pedro navahas

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Straight from the can they're pretty greasy. After the initial cleaning, the oily residue can gradually be removed by cleaner and cleaner rags until completely dry.
yeah, but I have never got the shine that I have seen, I pretty much accepted that nickel is what it is!

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I used to use cape cod cloths until I tried simichrome which worked even better.

If you get cape cod cloths you have to get lucky and get fresh ones. Older ones dry out and don't work as well.

Latest posts