NKD: Yamaha Stage Custom

drummingbulldog

Reaction score
What do you mean? They're great and work as intended!
I had a SC birch bop kit and the legs were kind of cheesy especially compared to the legs on my Recording Customs/Maple Customs. My 18" kick also had the 6 lug set up. I didn't like it. I wondered if I would have like the kit better with a 20/22" kick.

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had a SC birch bop kit and the legs were kind of cheesy especially compared to the legs on my Recording Customs/Maple Customs. My 18" kick also had the 6 lug set up. I didn't like it. I wondered if I would have like the kit better with a 20/22" kick.
Did you have a current model SC kit? Mine don't feel cheesy at all. And no problem at all tuning with 6 lugs per side. It's been SUPER easy so far.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have both the RC and MC (and MCA) and the SCB bass drum legs have never bothered me in the decade I’ve owned the kit. Sure, they’re a bit simpler. But they’re still much better than I expect at a price point that’s 80% cheaper than the RC.

Really, there’s no better brand new kit value than the SCB. It’s the best combination of price, sound, looks, durability and features.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here’s another family photo. This is my 2010 Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Bop kit in Sapphire Blue Lacquer finish. The cheapest kit I own, and the one that gets played the most! Snare shown is the 14x7 Beech Custom Absolute in white marine pearl.

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
Here’s another family photo. This is my 2010 Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Bop kit in Sapphire Blue Lacquer finish. The cheapest kit I own, and the one that gets played the most! Snare shown is the 14x7 Beech Custom Absolute in white marine pearl.

Had a Yamaha Beech Custom Abso kit that that snare would match.
Great kit,Vintage WMP,traditional sizes,heavy as lead,gone down the road.
Back to regular programming!
The 2015 SCs spurs are fine,never a problem,neither are the 6 lug 14" fltms a problem,i play the 16 more.

Latest posts