No Longer Available - Variety of Bosphorus and Istanbul Cymbals for sale!

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 22 Bos masters - what's the difference between the regular, which is a great jazz ride, and the one you have, if you know? Also, any trades?

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 22 Bos masters - what's the difference between the regular, which is a great jazz ride, and the one you have, if you know? Also, any trades?

The Jazz has a high profile, and spiral lathed bell top and bottom. This video is a good representation of the cymbal sound. Looking for Paiste Sig or 602.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh man, that was a great deal on the 19” Trad crash! I have one marked paper thin and it’s fantastic.
Edit: my paper thin 19 is marked with the exact same weight as this thin!

Last edited:

nchia

Reaction score
@JazzDrumGuy from what I understand, the Jazz Master is an extension of the Hammer series, with a few modifications after Jeff Hamilton left. Most notably the lathing on the bell. IMO they are more aggressive and glassy than the Master rides. Extremely nice all purpose jazz rides.

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The JazzMaster is a separate series, within the Masters Family (Vintage, Black Pearl, Syncopation, JazzMaster).

No crash available, the 20" is very thin, usually the 1400g range and considered a CR. The 21", in the 2100 range, 22" 2200-2300g

Attachments

Last edited:

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Those Antique hats are such a great deal, if I wasn’t full up on hats I would grab them for sure.

drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have several cymbals for sale here from Bosphorus and Istanbul Mehmet. They are all in nearly new condition with no issues other than a few stick marks and fingerprints. CON USA shipping only.

Thanks!

22" Bosphorus Masters series - Jazz Master Ride 2100g - Nice and thin, yet has a nice pointed stick attack, superb jazz ride. Gorgeous crash sound and a great sounding bell. $300 shipped with Bos cymbal bag.

SOLD!...19" Bosphorus Traditional 19" Thin Crash 1520g - Nice and thin! $175 shipped, has Bos plastic sleeve.

21" Istanbul Mehmet Murathan Rock Ride 2910g - Like a brilliant Turk series rock ride. Solid sticking, strong bell, rather dry, like a truly HH k custom ride. $175 shipped.

14" Bosphorus Antique Crisp Hi hats 976/1178g. Nice and smooth, great for any style. $200 shipped.
Pm sent