No nuts cymbal sleeves

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or tried these?

Ptrick

Reaction score
Interesting. Maxwells makes a similar cymbal topper, but they are incredibly expensive.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
I’m into the idea of them! I have made something similar for all my cymbal stands by adding a section of black heat shrink tubing onto a typical plastic cymbal base/tube. I’ll probably buy a set of these.

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a large supply of automotive vacuum hoses stocked away from 20 yrs ago. They work just fine for cymbal sleeves of varying diameters....esp. useful on the old 60's stands which don't have much shaft extension to work with. And you can buy clear poly tubing as well if you prefer that. Just don't forget about checking them every year or two as anything made of plastic will eventually wear through. My preferance is to vintage Tama threaded cymbal sleeves from the 70's to 80's - at least they work for the 6 mm stands (ie not Yamaha). I've been able to buy them in quantity for $1 each.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
no bottom cup? no bottom felt?
bad lighting in the webpage .
Couldn't see that a "seat" is part of the Part.

Last edited:

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
no bottom cup? no bottom felt?
Looks as if .......

Seems to me that this might work pretty well, as long as the material holds up. Possibly less dampening than the bottom felt as well. I imagine this product is made out of a super tough flexible elastomer similar to what the Grombal product uses. I like the idea of progress of this sort - relatively simple, basic improvements based on new materials science developments.

Only thing I don't like is the way they look ...... I always liked the styled wing nuts on various manufacturer's stands. But I'll try some out .........

Mike

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks as if .......

Seems to me that this might work pretty well, as long as the material holds up. Possibly less dampening than the bottom felt as well. I imagine this product is made out of a super tough flexible elastomer similar to what the Grombal product uses. I like the idea of progress of this sort - relatively simple, basic improvements based on new materials science developments.

Only thing I don't like is the way they look ...... I always liked the styled wing nuts on various manufacturer's stands. But I'll try some out .........

Mike
I would probably put a felt on anyway. I may get a set and try them. For $13 i think they are worth it.

Ptrick

Reaction score
I have some cymbal crowns that are similar in concept, and I use a felt.
03031CB1-A8E4-4B3A-B7FC-0A409738AB9A.jpeg

CSR

Member since May 2000
Reaction score
I’m using the Maxwell version. They use your usual bottom felt, but no top felt or but. So far, so good.

Heartbeat

Advanced Heart Guru
Reaction score
I’m currently trying the No Nuts, although I’ve been very happy with my Camber T-Tops. In the past I tried Cymbal Crowns, but they broke off in my hardware bag and someone broke one using my kit.

The No Nuts are a tough yet somewhat flexible plastic. They work fine without felts, but I haven’t hauled them around in my hardware bag yet. That’s my only potential concern with them...breaking off. I will say that the guys at No Nuts are very nice and great to deal with!