Noble and Cooley Horizon ***SOLD *****

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it a ply or solid shell,Rick?
Shes a beauty!
This is from the Horizon series Pat . It is a multiply maple shell with an inner ply of african mahogany . The mahogany inner ply really warms up the Sound of the maple even more . The plies are mainly in a horizontal grain orientation unlike your typical multiply cross grain shell . The mainly horizontal grain plies are designed like this to simulate a solid shell drum sound .

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
This is from the Horizon series Pat . It is a multiply maple shell with an inner ply of african mahogany . The mahogany inner ply really warms up the Sound of the maple even more . The plies are mainly in a horizontal grain orientation unlike your typical multiply cross grain shell . The mainly horizontal grain plies are designed like this to simulate a solid shell drum sound .
Thank you!
N&C were/are pretty well ahead of the curve!
Innovative.
Thanks again

Markkuliini

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thank you!
N&C were/are pretty well ahead of the curve!
Innovative.
Thanks again
I have both this same drum and also a N&C solid maple in exact the same size. I actually prefer the Horizon, it's more versatile. Solid one has this one particular sound that it does diner, but Horizon is killer in many tunings.

This one is actually the prettiest Horizon snare I've ever seen. My favorite finish and chromed hardware. *drools*

Last edited:

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to a YouTube video of a Horizon snare in the same dimensions as mine . It will give you and idea on how it sounds .

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bob
Got the cash . I will get the snare out by tomorrow latest . I will send it via Canada Post and will provide a tracking number . Normally delivery is 4 to 7 days but with the Pandemic deliveries are taking longer .

thanks again - you are going to love this drum !! N&C are an addiction

RickP

komodobob

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonderful and thank you. This will be my second N&C.