Non Drill Shell Mount Cymbal Holder

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Used a slight variation of my original version today (playing out in the heat) using a DW "puppy-bone" as the upright. A bit lighter to carry around and it put the ride nice and low in that Buddy Rich position.

Worked like a champ for a two hour gig. I brought out some heavier cymbal stands due to some wind gusting but the ride cymbal was safe and secure.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Looks like Ludwig has come up with a variation on this idea now...pretty slick.
That is pretty cool. Takes it one step further...assuming your preferred ride placement lines up with a pair of lugs.

dwdave

Groovinator
Reaction score
Taye makes some nice dogbone type adaptors that are less pricy than DW, a bit more adjustable too..

Killer idea though!! I did drill my Gretsch NC for the DW shell mount and it works great although I wouldn't drill my DW collectors, so this may just be the ticket!!

Oh, BTW, I made 1/2 floortom legs out of aluminium. You can get rods at Home depot but I got mine online. This might work well and save some weight and hassle....

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Since all the pictures from this old post seem to have been deleted here's one of them again to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Attachments

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Someone was asking me about this via a PM so here's a bump.

How long do these posts "survive" in the search archives?

happyshump

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here's one I had made up a few years back. Two cowbell mounts. I had the t bar made for me to fit a Ludwig top section of their bass drum cymbal holder. Works a treat.

Attachments

lcondo123

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention, K.O. This is exactly what I had in mind with my kit. Looks like I'll need to start fishing for some parts to put together my own version. Love it!

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
here's a version with the DW Puppy bone for a lower ride height

Chameleon 8-9-13 010.JPG

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I cannot recommend the INDe BR2 bracket enough. If you are someone thinking about doing the two Atlas mounts, check out INDe first. Much less intrusive visually and works just as well if not better.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I cannot recommend the INDe BR2 bracket enough. If you are someone thinking about doing the two Atlas mounts, check out INDe first. Much less intrusive visually and works just as well if not better.
I wholeheartedly agree, the INDe mounts and brackets are the bomb. A much better refinement (and done by the designer of both) of the idea behind the Atlas mounts.