header.nohb.html

Nordic Mahogany 3.5mm/6ply

SY-ya-nara

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats this Siri thing is it like an ankle monitor
She is my personal cellmate on this dumb phone who is supposed to translate my extraordinarily superior words into something humans can understand so I don’t have to type on the little keyboard that this damn phone has.

Edit to add: I honestly said dumb phone, And nothing about Hoover dam.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
So. you have a Laptop? and or a Desktop?

this Forum deserves the big screen and the big keys

SY-ya-nara

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I do at my drum house but not here at my home. Ew, I’m turning orange it’s pumpkin time if I don’t go to bed. Good night.

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Wake up breakfast tomorrow is 7am-10am (no exceptions) at noon we'll go outside for exercise hour
walk around the grounds. no reading lights out
and absolutely no Siri in bed.
- the staff at Home For Wayward Drummers

SY-ya-nara

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wake up breakfast tomorrow is 7am-10am (no exceptions) at noon we'll go outside for exercise hour
walk around the grounds. no reading lights out
and absolutely no Siri in bed.
- the staff at Home For Wayward Drummers
I think your Siri messed up. Surely you said Wayward Dumbers, Because we may be drummers but we’re both dumb as cotton!

SY-ya-nara

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I read the whole thing.
It actually started over on the thread about a podcast that was getting really messy. JDA was mediating over there and I tried to yank his chain and it ended up over here and oh I am so sorry guys.

Edit to add: use your universal translator to understand what ‘messy’.really is in English.

SY-ya-nara

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
And for all the expiring minds out there that want to know:

The two grandfather drums ( they need to lay on their side they’re old ) Are 18 x 22. I wanted to contrast their sound with the thick shell Maple designers I have, So I built them the same size.

The two father drums are 16 x 16 and 14 x 14. Once again matching the designers.

The ‘my three sons’ drums are 9 x 12, 8 x 10, and 7 x 8..

The drums are incredibly resonant, the sustain is ever so slightly shortened due to the Mahogany characteristics, and they tune well low and high and every point in between.

I have no idea how they record I haven’t been able to set up my recording set up yet, and I have no idea how they would project in a gig-sized larger room.

I’ll close by just saying thin shelled light weight drums can really sing. Period

SY-ya-nara

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
And for any of those concerned about the extra thin shells and no rerings in them, I told Nordic I wanted the thinnest shells possible that would not require rerings and they said no problem these will do. I believe it’s true. Those bass drum shells are so pliable so to speak, It was a real freak out working with them, hanging them up to let the two layers of sanding sealer, three coats of finish dry, But that was the only really scary part. With hoops they ain’t going out of round at all. But time will tail and they’ve only aged about oh a year and a half for one bass drum about eight months on the other.

I can’t imagine anyone else would wanna work with such a thin bass drum shell with no rerings.

SY-ya-nara

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Color check for JDA. Blue, want to be blue but not, the mahogany and a brown drum. I think mahogany looks red.

6C895A7F-1745-4E33-A056-308C77B6C59C.jpeg

KCJazz

Reaction score
Oh that one I thought I I thought one of my blue sparkle 60s Ludwig kit was in one of the shots.

I didn’t have the skill set to “” make a drum so I bought a 10 inch shell and tried to stain it blue

It turned that a weird color and I never intended for it to be part of the kit because that was my learning experience drum you know learn how to cut off my head with using a router and stuff like that I didn’t lose anything useful though.
What is blue stain commonly used for anyway?