Skyrm

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been watching for a good opportunity for this pic ….what the heck …

77926360-6533-4B29-9529-AA82842EB599.jpeg

10thMtnDivCpl

Reaction score
Kudos to the guy for making a cool replica. PDP shells tho. Yikes. I believe the DW's Collector's Series R30 full replica kits cost almost that much when they made a limited run of them back in the day.

Makes me feel a lot better knowing I'm having the guy who actually worked on NP's kits helping me with the Counterparts snare replica. If you're going to spend the money replicating something, why not do it the proper way?

UptownShakedown

Reaction score
Honestly, I don’t really even understand the idea of a replica kit - a drum set is such a personal thing. A Ringo or Charlie Watts tribute kit makes sense maybe because they’re classic and minimalist but some mega Rush kit just feels too individual to be a good match for someone else. Love Bonham, have a set a vistalites but when I sat at the orange tribute kit? Wasn’t into it.

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Honestly, I don’t really even understand the idea of a replica kit - a drum set is such a personal thing. A Ringo or Charlie Watts tribute kit makes sense maybe because they’re classic and minimalist but some mega Rush kit just feels too individual to be a good match for someone else. Love Bonham, have a set a vistalites but when I sat at the orange tribute kit? Wasn’t into it.
I feel the same.

mydadisjr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow, what a hobby... and what a mind-numbing mish-mash of Chinese PDP and DW (looks like design series?).

Plus an 8 lug bass?

Reminds me of the phrase... "More dollars than sense"

He could have saved some bucks if he just would have bought this wall hanging design thing for $55...

637875377909624290.jpg

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Why on earth would you go to all that trouble and work to do this and then turn around and sell them? Seems a little nuts IMO. That's also a lot of money for those. You would need to find some mega Peart fan that lives close buy with a large truck that would be willing to pick these up. I will say that he did a good job though on making this.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
This would simply tick ZERO boxes for me. Wrong drums, wrong hardware, so many wrongs. If I were to spend the dosh, I would have DW make that kit, not buy a half-detailed kit that I would pick apart every time I looked at it. I am not a Peart geek and could see the glaring differences.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
There were some much nicer, high-end kits that cost a LOT less money to buy. Neat Gretsch kits, a cool 80s Yamaha Recording kit. It’s the glaring omission of copper plating on the hardware that is unforgivable, more so than anything else. Since he was using car wrap instead of lacquer, he could have painted the lugs and hardware a clear copper coat. This was just a lazy attempt, IMO.

Sorry to urinate in this dude’s Corn Flakes, but if he honestly thinks he could get HALF the money, I want what he’s smoking!

Last edited:

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Y’all are missing the subtle nuances:

“Each panel around drum stage has 3,4, and 6mm prism dots that I hand placed.”

Not applied by soulless robots on an assembly line or by cheap, unskilled labor but HAND PLACED!