Note if you're going in PHILIPPINES

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has to be drum store there; maybe they need more; Open one!

Trilock_Gurtu

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I worked a few contracts in Manila, playing covers in hotels. Luckily the background they provided wasn't super bad. But yeah, not a lot of selection.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surely there is some way to have something shipped?

makinao

Reaction score
You can understand why.

View attachment 503898
Hahahahahahaha!

I‘m from MetroManila. Seriously though, most of the major brands have dealers here. JB Music distributes Pearl, Gretsch, Ludwig, and Zildjian. Lyric Music has Yamaha, DW, and Meinl. Lazer Music has Istanbul Mehmet, Audiophile handles Tama and Paiste, and Perfect Pitch has Sabian. Entry level kits are all over the place. A really cheap China-made beginner stencil kit can be had for US$300. But the good stuff is more expensive than in the US. For example, a brand new Stage Custom 5-piece is US$1,260, and an LM402 14x5 is US$740. And these are marked-down sale prices already.

There is an active market for pre-owned gear in FB Marketplace too, but again prices again are higher than in the US. For example, a second hand Black Beauty 14x5 is selling now for the equivalent of US$580, a mint Pearl Jupiter 14x5 is going for US$300, and a used Stage Custom 5-piece shell pack is about US$800. One has to be VERY patient for big bargains. But I was able to snag a Paiste Sound Creation Dark China 20" last year for just US$140. Last month I got a mint Turkish Classic Thin Crash 16" for US$70. And right now there is a mint Istanbul Mehmet Traditional 20'' Custom Dry Ride for US$140.

All this is just in MetroManila though. I don't know about prices in other major cities. If you bring in some good stuff and sell it at a good price, someone will buy it eventually.

Last edited:

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bring a drum set/cymbals/snares they will buy it, For real.
@Stephen -peace of art- , I have an idea. Instead of the individual posts about what brass snare drum to buy, how to record drum covers without equipment, and how you can't find drum sets in the Philippines, maybe you can tell us what gear you DO have, and what your goals are. I think you'll get more helpful replies that way. I get the feeling that you're just getting started, don't have access to a lot of resources and maybe you need answers more in tune with your situation.

So how about a quick run down of your situation? Nobody will judge you on that here.

makinao

Reaction score
@Stephen -peace of art- , I have an idea. Instead of the individual posts about what brass snare drum to buy, how to record drum covers without equipment, and how you can't find drum sets in the Philippines, maybe you can tell us what gear you DO have, and what your goals are. I think you'll get more helpful replies that way. I get the feeling that you're just getting started, don't have access to a lot of resources and maybe you need answers more in tune with your situation.
@Stephen -peace of art- Exactly where are you in the Philippines?