Novus 2

patrickwitherow

Reaction score
Quick question...I'm in the process of cleaning up my two '60s Ludwig kits. One is Blue Sparkle and the other Oyster Blue Pearl. Is there a best method in using Novus 2 on these wraps? I just want to make sure I'm using enough and not too little or too much or applying too hard, etc. Thank you in advance!

patrickwitherow

Reaction score
Nah. Think of it as your cleaning your car. Then after Novus, you can wax the drums as you do a car! If hesitant on how much, how hard, etc., do a little test spot first to ease your mind. Have fun!
Thank you! Didn't see a huge difference on the 13x9 Blue Sparkle. It does feel really smooth - like it's brand new. It has some UV fading (which I've learned you can't really reverse that) - but the other areas of the wrap were in pretty good condition.

I then decided to try it on my 13x9 Oyster Blue Pearl. This particular drum on my OBP kit seemed to have a haze more than the others. Colors not as vibrant, etc. The Novus2 did something to bring the colors back and it's looking really good. I gave it a good wax job it's looking great. I think I might continue just with the OBP's and do the Blue Sparkle's later on.

I'll post some pictures later on. I had a hard time getting good light earlier.

TSellers

Reaction score
Is Novus 1 similar to a wax or simply for finer scratches? I've used Novus 2, followed by Novus 1 and the drums shine. Should I also wax?

Rockin' Billy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Keepin’ the beat since 1973 Woodstock, N.Y.
Is Novus 1 similar to a wax or simply for finer scratches? I've used Novus 2, followed by Novus 1 and the drums shine. Should I also wax?
1 is to clean and shine. 2 is for fine scratches. 3 is for heavy scratches. I like to finish with Pure Carnuba wax. Do you have to? No, but I think it’s more of a protective layer. See what works for you best by trying different products and techniques.