Now THIS is a drum set

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For anyone wondering:
Custom set with a 16”x32” bass drum, 10”x16 rack, 18”x20” floor tom and a 8”x16” snare.

Torquey

Reaction score
Nice! I remember Slingerland offering a 20" floor, but not Ludwig. I was hoping to hear When The Levee Breaks...

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For anyone wondering:
Custom set with a 16”x32” bass drum, 10”x16 rack, 18”x20” floor tom and a 8”x16” snare.
Oh wow - I thought they just looked huge because of the camera angle. No wonder the bass drum makes the camera move!

backtodrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That would be fun to watch a sound man try to control that on stage while its played. I can only imagine all the muffling that would be suggested. lol!

mebeatee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I used a 32” concert bass drum rehearsing with a kids fiddle group. The rehearsals were held in the band room at a local elementary school so the drums.....bd /snares were there but no drum set.
I would bring a hihat/cymbals and a bd pedal.
Took the drum off of the cradle, placed it on the floor and attached the pedal. Did the ol’ foam between pedal and head, and my rolled up jacket for the reso and voila.....killer bd!!!!
Kids loved it as usually a lot of that music doesn’t have “drums” per se. Volume NOT a problem as if you’ve been in a classroom with a couple of dozen kids sawing away....you’ll be more forgiving about the lead guitar player......;)
I was so impressed I almost scooped a 30” concert bass drum but the deal never happened. In the meantime I have a 26” Ludwig bd visiting me for a while and wow....have I missed out all these yrs......
bt

Could you imagine a double pedal on that bd in the vid....

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
" I can get these drums up to about 40-42 mph... "Don't call the Fast tune"