O.T Amazing and Electrifying live Performances!

dirtysicks

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Been watching more music On YouTube than usual while working from home. What are some your favorite live performances?

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Good post. I always thought Otis Redding and band killed it on Ready Steady Go! back in 1966. Especially Elbert "Woody" Woodson on drums. Damn!

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good post. I always thought Otis Redding and band killed it on Ready Steady Go! back in 1966. Especially Elbert "Woody" Woodson on drums. Damn!

Here's Percy Sledge with Otis' touring band, playing "when a man loves a woman" but that's not Woody on drums. It's Jaimoe! (still Johnny Lee Johnson at the time) playing Woody's drums (Jaimoe was the second drummer in Otis' touring band).

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The above, btw, was not really intended as an entry in the thread, but as an aside related to the Otis performance.

These two are really great (although the audio is obviously from a better source than the video on the second, not quite perfectly synced, but obviously the same performance):

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
The most electrifying performance I have ever seen by far is Rage Against The Machine at the Meadows in Hartford Ct. probably circa 1998?

They walked on the stage, De La Rocha said “Good evening, we are Rage Against the Machine from Los Angeles California” then they launched right into Bombtrack and the whole place exploded.

No use trying to post a video even trying to describe it. The collective energy that went through that crowd is like nothing I’ve ever experienced and as a result the audience ultimately destroyed the place, ripping up the Astro turf and also tearing down the back fence and setting massive bonfires on the lawn that they were dancing around like a science from Where The Wild Things Are.

Runner up, Nine Inch Nails in the Old Boston Gardens just before they tore it down. Something happened to water off Reznor and turn him against the heavy police presence that was there and he basically incited a riot from the stage which went off like a wild fire in Fresno. The entire floor was covered in metal folding chairs For the event and these things started whipping around like hummingbirds. My girlfriend, her sister and myself were on one of those dodgy balconies and it was shaking up and down like an earth quake. I remember looking at her, cute Polish girl from Jewett City, and her face was just lit up like she was loving the whole thing and I just though; this bitch is crazy.

dirtysicks

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The energy at this performance was unreal!
They killed here as well when they were younger!

dirtysicks

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Watching a lot of great performances on Youtube from the show "Shingig!"

Last edited:

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Probably THE most electrifying Grammy performance ever seen.

I always get a good belly laugh when his shawl fringe becomes tangled in his mic stand and the microphone subsequently bashes him right in the kisser @ 1:17 which obviously embarrassed and pissed him off enough to continue on with a vengeance that brought the house down.

dirtysicks

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Probably THE most electrifying Grammy performance ever seen.

I always get a good belly laugh when his shawl fringe becomes tangled in his mic stand and the microphone subsequently bashes him right in the kisser @ 1:17 which obviously embarrassed and pissed him off enough to continue on with a vengeance that brought the house down.

He killed that performance!