O.T. If you don't care much for Country Music...

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the lyric doesn't touch your heart..

Check your pulse.

Last edited:

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's country, but with all the Doug Sahm/Sir Douglas Quintet songs in this thread I had to post this one:

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Country and jazz together? You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!
One of my favorite country/jazz mashup is by super-human guitarist Danny Gatton and legendary pedal steel player Buddy Emmonds' band The redneck jazz explosion. I'm not into chops-heavy music usually, but I mean, these guys were were just insane...

Last edited:

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's country, but with all the Doug Sahm/Sir Douglas Quintet songs in this thread I had to post this one:
Nice cover by a squad of Carnaby Street rejects -

bolweevil

DFO Master
Reaction score
When I was in high school Garth Brooks was huge. I was into current-at-the-time metal (Metallica, Megadeth, etc) and classic rock (Zeppelin and Hendrix mostly).

But I still have fond memories of driving around country backroads listening to 'Friends in Low Places' with my friends. I've noticed the phenomenon of not being able to dislike a song when several of your buddies are singing along to it.

cribbon

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Live Like You Were Dying"

I like the fact that a lot of country songs tell stories. Hank Williams was a master songwriter.

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
...can you name a Country song that you DO like?
*(if you do like it what's your fav)
*I do like a lot of it from
2000 and earlier
*Here is my choice for the greatest...
I have this on a CD in my truck. Sometimes I play this cut 2 or 3 times back to back. Love those guys. Ace

Last edited:

Trey Gray

Pro
Reaction score
...can you name a Country song that you DO like?
*(if you do like it what's your fav)
*I do like a lot of it from
2000 and earlier
*Here is my choice for the greatest...
I've been fortunate enough to get to play this song hundreds of times since 2003, the year I joined the band. Ronnie has one of the most pure country voices I've ever heard. I'd say that no matter what, and Kix is amazing in his own right.

I don't do the fills exactly like the record except one, it's the kind of off-time snare thing(?) going into the last chorus!

It's one of my favs to play every night. Fun post, all great songs everyone is sharing.

Have a great weekend, cheers and blessings, Trey

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
If story, and a sad one at that, is what makes a great country song, it's hard to top the Sons of Maxwell's hit from a few years back!