Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
USDA Regulatory Definitions
SANDWICH - CLOSED:
Product must contain at least 35 percent cooked meat and no more than 50 percent bread...humm. What about sub sandwiches, a lot more than 50% bread and some have only 10% cooked meat and some hot dogs are more than 50% bread I would think and how much meet is really in the average hot dog?

Anyway, my hot dog has a mustard, mayo, sweet relish, onions, chili and cheese and it's a foot long; Wata-A-Sandwich

LOL, sherm

SKSMITH

Reaction score
Wikipedia is not an acceptable source for academic work, SKSmith. C’mon now!
But you think Spotify downloads are a measure of musical greatness?
How about Merriam-Webster then:

shilohjim

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I broke up with a nice girl for putting ketchup on a hot dog. She might as well had ate a booger in front of me. I think ketchup using hot dogs eaters should be incarcerated or at the very least institutionalized

supershifter2

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 pieces of bread weather square, round, cigar shaped, or whatever with something in between is a sandwhich. A Po Boy is called a sandwhich. I never ate sand in a which.

shiek_yerbouti

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So then, if I fold a slice of pizza in half is it now a sandwich?

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
My brother calls my father the hot dog Nazi. If we are at a family function and he sees some child putting ketchup on a dog he immediately walks over and begins berating the child, instructing them that onions, relish and mustard are the only acceptable condiments for dogs and so on and so forth.
I have a brother-in-law who believes the same thing, and he's known in his neighborhood for having big hot dog parties, but with one strict rule - no ketchup allowed. I don't really understand the hatred of ketchup. It's just a hot dog for cryin' out loud.