O.T. It's COLD and snowy!

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's COLD and dangerous wind chills for MOST of the U.S. (even the whole state of TEXAS!) Large amounts of snow are also coming.

Just in case anyone needs to go out in the weather for the next couple of days, I thought I would give you ideas on transportation.

Personal transport options.
1613405396708.png
1613405533900.png

These are a lot faster, and a little warmer. Two people only and no cargo room.
1613405974339.png

These are also an option. They have more cargo room for your drums, although loading in/out could be a trick.
1613405469293.png

Just don't get the legs tangled in anything
1613405582797.png

Best yet, just stay inside where it's warm and send a drone.
1613405690134.png

Stay safe and warm everyone.

Targalx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
67 here yesterday. Doing fine in shorts and a sweatshirt. Went for a five mile walk yesterday in the sun. Going for a bike ride this afternoon.

Sorry to hear about the difficult weather in the rest of the country.

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that Texas is going through a freeze of sorts.

Got a little snow here in the high desert last couple days, inch or three. Been a calm winter here (knock on wood), it could have been and still could be a lot worse. We got snow in June a couple years ago.

glynch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Got about 7" of snow here in northeast Texas last night. The low in the morning is supposed to be 6 degrees and were forecast to get another 6-8" of snow tomorrow night. It's a very rare occurrence for around here. The last time I saw this much snow I was about 10 years old............I'm 48 now.

snow.jpg

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just can't do snow for more than a few days......I am cranky that we have some rain going on today and this past week.....

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry. Notgonnadoit. If I see snow, I run. Hell, living in the SF Bay Area has me wanting to move to the tropics. I HATE the cold (born in Miami FLA). We're seriously considering the Big Island of Hawaii!

Targalx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry. Notgonnadoit. If I see snow, I run. Hell, living in the SF Bay Area has me wanting to move to the tropics. I HATE the cold (born in Miami FLA). We're seriously considering the Big Island of Hawaii!
Haven’t set foot or touched snow in almost a decade. It was January 2013 when I last had to deal with snow while on tour in Washington and Oregon.

I’m a couple hours away from the mountains where there’s still a bit of snow, but there’s no way I’d ever go there. I’ve turned down some lucrative employment out of state just because climate is that important to me. Have also turned down other winter tour offers, just because I didn’t want to deal with the snow. Would rather be living on far fewer bucks, but living in the sunshine!

Lee Van Kief

Reaction score
There hasn’t been this much snow in Austin in around 55 years and it hasn’t been this cold in 32. Thankfully, my house has power and we’re using it as sparingly as possible, but there are plenty others in TX without power since 2am and possibly into tomorrow. We’re not equipped for this kind of thing down here!

06E821BF-5767-44E2-BAB2-25833EA8E4AB.jpeg

CSR

Member since May 2000
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got about 7" of snow here in northeast Texas last night. The low in the morning is supposed to be 6 degrees and were forecast to get another 6-8" of snow tomorrow night. It's a very rare occurrence for around here. The last time I saw this much snow I was about 10 years old............I'm 48 now.

View attachment 485216
In western New York State, it’s called a heavy frost...and 6 degrees is definitely sweatshirt weather!

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Boy I am the opposite of you Dan, I melt in the heat, I have yet to put on a winter coat this year and I am north of Boston, near NH. Texas and most of the country are getting slammed with cold and ice, right now it is a balmy 35, and this week south of Boston it may hit 60 !

I feel for you folks in the south, frigid cold and ice= Disaster.

Lee Van Kief

Reaction score
I feel for you folks in the south, frigid cold and ice= Disaster.
It really is a disaster. We just don’t have the infrastructure in place for this kind of weather. Many people are in danger, and there’s hardly been a peep from local or state government. I was only aware of the need to conserve power from posts on Reddit. :angry5:

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got power back about 30 minutes ago. Went offline at 2 am, came back on after an hour, lost it again at 5:30 am. Got a little chilly inside when outside was 5 degrees F. Will be even colder tonight. The snow cover is very pretty though.

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm 30 miles north of NYC, so I'm still dealing with 20+ inches from two weeks ago. That doesn't bother me, it's the broken wrist in the cast from slipping on ice in that storm that's frustrating.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I bought a generator in 2009, since then I have kept track of how many times I have lost power.
I have hit the 50 mark, yes 50 times, and probably 20-30 before that, hence me buying the generator.
the BEST (outside of drums) purchase I have made. it is small quiet, and packs a punch.
Being without power gets old fast.