O T NBA Finals

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
After the first NBA finals game ever played outside of the US, it looks like giants may fall, it should at least, be a good series.
Raptors beat Bucks, who beat Celtics, they beat Pacers (my team) and Toronto represents the whole eastern conference, gotta back 'em now.
Raptors fan's (who's support of their team, in a semi-finals loss, instead of walking out, brought LaBron to tears in his victory) might get a little satisfaction. But if KD comes back...

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Had the pleasure of watching Kawhi play his college ball at SDSU. I got the feeling he was being banished as a punishment to the Great White North from San Antonio. Turns out his old team and coach now can sit on the couch and watch him in the Finals. That's pretty much the extent of my interest in the NBA. I don't find it generally to be too interesting. Plus, aren't they still playing Ice Soccer now????

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am a bandwagon team sports guy at best, but given the number of sports letdowns we've had in Toronto, I (and much of the rest of the city) am pretty excited for the Raptors to be in the finals. We haven't been in a final (let alone won anything) in the NHL, MLB or NBA since 1993. (There's the CFL I guess, but by definition that's only Canadian teams so doesn't quite have the same thrill as sticking it to our southern neighbours. And, yes, I know pretty much everyone on the team isn't from Canada, but still...) Drove along one of the main streets of the city last night right before the game started to get to a friends and you could feel the excitement (not to mention all the people in bars spilling onto patios). We the North!!

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was surprised by who plays Shaq in the skit.
I could do without the "Big Sensitive" on TNT NBA (the 2nd clip is great-they give him the business)

Last edited:

Drum Gear Review

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Two excellent games so far. As a Celtics fan, I don't have a rooting interest, but I find myself getting excited for the Raps here. I've been a big fan of both Kyle Lowry and Marc Gasol, so seeing them make it to the finals is really nice. And watching Fred Van Vleet work that hard on a basketball court is making me want to be a better man. It's a fun team.

I still think the Warriors take the series even if Durant doesn't come back. Hope the series goes seven though. Been a lot of fun so far.

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Reaction score
My son and I are probably some of the few outside the Bay Area that are die-hard Warrior fans.
It was interesting watching the last Portland/ Golden State playoff game at our friends house in Portland and being asked repeatedly, "Why don't you root for the Blazers? We root for the Seahawks."

Last edited:

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Following very closely. Raps so far defended the Warriors as well as anyone can, but had their own offensive struggle in game two. Fun series so far.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I really enjoyed last night's game (with the Warriors' come-from-behind victory).

I'm pretty sure I've never seen another NBA game where the home fans were so hyped... Especially in the first half, they went nuts every time the Raptors touched the ball. Very impressive.

Looking forward to the rest of the series. Hard to predict, but I think it'll come down to a 7th game.

shilohjim

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Kevin Durant has absolutely zero heart. He should be out there helping his team. His injury is not bad enough to keep him out. For christsakes, Willis Reed played in the finals with a thigh muscle that was torn nearly off the bone, so there is no excuse.

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
Kevin Durant has absolutely zero heart. He should be out there helping his team. His injury is not bad enough to keep him out. For christsakes, Willis Reed played in the finals with a thigh muscle that was torn nearly off the bone, so there is no excuse.
Are you sure that it is his decision, not the coaching staff or team doctors?

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure that it is his decision, not the coaching staff or team doctors?
Seems like the same deal as the Spurs went through with Kawhi. I really didn't want Kawhi to win another championship, but I didn't want GS to win another either.

I like Kerr, liked him as a player, like him as a coach...but I can't stand Golden State for some reason...also have never liked Durant but not really his fault. Austin Sportcasters have worshipped the dude since he played for the Longhorns, yet they don't give the same respect to Lamarcus Aldridge. Of course Austin and San Antonio are both jealous of each others cities.

dexter74

Reaction score
Drake ruined it for me. I'd normally be all about a scrappy, upstart team like Toronto slaying the mighty warriors, but the fact that they let an obnoxious, fair weather, attention seeking turd be their "global ambassador" and literally allow him access to team huddles has killed any love I would have had for the Raptors.

And if they do win, it will be tough not to attach a giant asterisk next to their title, given the durant/thompson injuries. I've never been more disinterested in an NBA finals series.

Bandit

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Drake ruined it for me. I'd normally be all about a scrappy, upstart team like Toronto slaying the mighty warriors, but the fact that they let an obnoxious, fair weather, attention seeking turd be their "global ambassador" and literally allow him access to team huddles has killed any love I would have had for the Raptors.

And if they do win, it will be tough not to attach a giant asterisk next to their title, given the durant/thompson injuries. I've never been more disinterested in an NBA finals series.
After reading this I really want Toronto to win. Go Raptors! :)