O T NBA Finals

ThomFloor

Reaction score
Drake ruined it for me. I'd normally be all about a scrappy, upstart team like Toronto slaying the mighty warriors, but the fact that they let an obnoxious, fair weather, attention seeking turd be their "global ambassador" and literally allow him access to team huddles has killed any love I would have had for the Raptors.

And if they do win, it will be tough not to attach a giant asterisk next to their title, given the durant/thompson injuries. I've never been more disinterested in an NBA finals series.
I agree with you about Drake, total fool, but no need for any asterisks for a Raptors win.
Lots of important games (Superbowls, World Series) have key players missing/injured.
It cannot be considered much of a 'team' is it if up to the presence of one guy to decide winning a series of games.

dexter74

Reaction score
I agree with you about Drake, total fool, but no need for any asterisks for a Raptors win.
Lots of important games (Superbowls, World Series) have key players missing/injured.
It cannot be considered much of a 'team' is it if up to the presence of one guy to decide winning a series of games.
A fair point. Though I think GS would win in 6 if they were at full strength. And I'm not a GS fan by any stretch. Though its tough to dislike Steve Kerr.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
After last nights game if I had money to waste I'd put it on GS....but I'd still rather see Toronto win.

Bandit

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Drake ruined it for me. I'd normally be all about a scrappy, upstart team like Toronto slaying the mighty warriors, but the fact that they let an obnoxious, fair weather, attention seeking turd be their "global ambassador" and literally allow him access to team huddles has killed any love I would have had for the Raptors.

And if they do win, it will be tough not to attach a giant asterisk next to their title, given the durant/thompson injuries. I've never been more disinterested in an NBA finals series.
After last nights game if I had money to waste I'd put it on GS....but I'd still rather see Toronto win.
If Toronto could hit the three pointers with more consistency, they would of walked away with that win. GS has two guys that can sink them all day long.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
If Toronto could hit the three pointers with more consistency, they would of walked away with that win. GS has two guys that can sink them all day long.
Toronto had some big shots go in during the 4th but also missed a couple of big ones. The bad pass that ended up in the back court with shot clock running out seemed to be a turning point. I think they would have gone back up by 4 or 5 at that point instead turnover that led to a Curry 3. Last play was defended well by GS got the ball out of KL's hand but Toronto only needed a 2 not sure why they didn't drive to the paint. Oh well the network will make more money with another game.

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
Kevin Durant has absolutely zero heart. He should be out there helping his team. His injury is not bad enough to keep him out. For christsakes, Willis Reed played in the finals with a thigh muscle that was torn nearly off the bone, so there is no excuse.
Think he should play the next game?

mcjaco

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Kevin Durant has absolutely zero heart. He should be out there helping his team. His injury is not bad enough to keep him out. For christsakes, Willis Reed played in the finals with a thigh muscle that was torn nearly off the bone, so there is no excuse.

Oops.

As some one that fully ruptured an achilles last July, it wasn't worth it. I'm a 11 months post op, and just getting back to normal. Looks like he'll sign his one year Player Option to stay with GS. This will make free agency a little more interesting this summer.

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
As a NBA fan I'd like to see 7 games, with a Raptor title. Toronto has good 3 shooters, nobody hits everything every night, stand by for 2 more games of great roundball.

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Baseball and Football are far different since they field more than 5 players. How many NBA championships would Chicago have won w/o Jordan? The Celtics w/o Bird or Cousy or Russell. Take any one of them away and you're toast. Toss in LeBron, Kobe, and others. I think Golden State was a better team w/o Durant....perfect chemistry. That was all messed up with his addition. But remove either of Thomson, Curry, or Green from GS (pre-Durant) in the finals of past years, they probably wouldn't have won.

Last edited:

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
This band wagon jumping is really hard on my knees. :)
Here's one that's worse I watched probably my first NHL game Sunday night. I usually only watch Hockey during the Olympics and have gone to a minor league game locally that I really enjoyed but never have watched the pros. Nothing on Sunday night and got intrigued by the match up....looking forward to game 7 tonight....still trying to decide the wagon I'm jumping on, I think Bruins since I have a few friends from Boston.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Wow. There's a take that didn't age well.

bigbonzo

DFO Master
Reaction score
That's YOUR opinion.

How do you know how bad it is?

How do you know that the coaches and trainers will even let him play?

Bandit

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here's one that's worse I watched probably my first NHL game Sunday night. I usually only watch Hockey during the Olympics and have gone to a minor league game locally that I really enjoyed but never have watched the pros. Nothing on Sunday night and got intrigued by the match up....looking forward to game 7 tonight....still trying to decide the wagon I'm jumping on, I think Bruins since I have a few friends from Boston.
Well good thing you started watching the greatest sport in the world. :) Being a Habs fan I hate the Bruins. I think the Blues blew it by not winning last game. Can't let a team like Boston up off of the matt. Same goes for the Raptors. They should of finished last night. Hard to tell what will happen now. Probably game 7 back in Toronto. Funny I really am not a basketball fan by any means, but have to support the local team when they get this far.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
That's YOUR opinion.

How do you know how bad it is?

How do you know that the coaches and trainers will even let him play?
He did play and ended up with a worse injury, maybe career ending at the least could be out all of next season....hope it was worth it for one win. I could see if it had been game 7 and they have never one a championship before but I think letting him play last night bit them bad.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Well good thing you started watching the greatest sport in the world. :)
It's a fun watch for sure, not quite enough scoring for me, being a huge basketball fan but way easier to watch than soccer. Soccer, too big of a field, too much running up and down and nothing going on :) kidding as I know there's tons going on but without a score just not exciting enough for me.

Drum Gear Review

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow what a game. I couldn't sit down the entire time. Thrilled for Lowry, Gasol, and Ibaka. Really enjoyed those guys for a long time. And how about Van Vleet and Siakham. Gamers.

It'll be a long time before I get to sleep tonight.

Latest posts