header.nohb.html

O/T OBI WAN

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really liked the Mandalorian and am hoping that they continue making good stuff.

Anyone here watch any of the Boba Fett stuff?
But of course. Twice. For me, it was a slow burn but I got into it. When Mando appeared in those two episodes, it perked me up. And I loved the finale. We’ll see…I’m glad there’s content!

varatrodder

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're doing a great job with the inquisitors.

And the cameo by a certain bass player!

44Ronin

Reaction score
Ah. You’re one of those guys. ;)
George Lucas is the one who did damage to his own series. ESB, TFA, and RO are all great movies and Lucas had nothing to do with them. This gives me hope with everything they put out.
You know, your ad-hominem non argument would maybe work if Disney wasn't milking the original trilogy characters for all their worth because all of their own newly developed characters are terribly written and have all the collective appeal of cleaning out a grease trap.

Take a look at the list -
- EP4 prequel ( a film so desperately pandering to the original triology they even wrote the end scene to connect to the start of A new hope)
- Han Solo film
- Mandalorian
- Obi Wan

Interestingly, someone smart at disney recognised what was lacking in the disney abominations (character development) is actually a screenwriting necessity.

Don't pretend as if Dsiney's corporate zombie star wars isn't a cow that has been milked to death.

Last edited:

robthetimekeeper

DFO Master
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised to see Benny Safdie playing a small part in the first episode as I'm a big fan of the Safdie Brothers.
The show is pretty good so far. I'd love to see a Han Solo series.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't pretend as if Dsiney's corporate zombie star wars isn't a cow that has been milked to death.
Wow, what a ray of sunshine.
Just remember, some people can actually enjoy the new stuff without having to get permission. I have strong opinions about some things too, but in the grand scheme of things, the story telling direction of a fictional franchise that I have no way to control just isn’t worth arguing over. I can choose to watch it or I can choose to pass on it.

dale w miller

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just remember, some people can actually enjoy the new stuff without having to get permission. I have strong opinions about some things too, but in the grand scheme of things, the story telling direction of a fictional franchise that I have no way to control just isn’t worth arguing over. I can choose to watch it or I can choose to pass on it.

What we need to realize is people’s feelings about SW equal to that if Peart could swing or how big is too big a kit by us drummers.

44Ronin

Reaction score
What we need to realize is people’s feelings about SW equal to that if Peart could swing or how big is too big a kit by us drummers.
Except for those debates people actually have the courage to form and state their own nuanced positions instead of being corporately trained by Disney to engage in complete and utter dismissal.

I mean that is what discourse is all about. Discourse = good. Tribalism = bad.

Nothing wrong with having feelings.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except for those debates people actually have the courage to form and state their own nuanced positions instead of being corporately trained by Disney to engage in complete and utter dismissal.

I mean that is what discourse is all about. Discourse = good. Tribalism = bad.

When I was a kid, like many of us who grew up with the Original Trilogy as a second religion, I spent a lot of time trying to use the force. You know, just simple stuff like make an object across the room fly into my hand by concentrating REALLY HARD. I was angry with George Lucas for introducing "midi-chlorians" as the source of The Force in the first prequel. That meant that I wasted all that time trying to use The Force because I probably just wasn't born with the correct midi-chlorian count. Son of a... So it went from a hope that anyone could participate in this mystical force if they just "let go" and "used their feelings" to a genetic lottery.

But you know what? IT'S JUST A DAMN MOVIE. LOL.

44Ronin

Reaction score
Other way around. People can actually say they really don't like something with your permission.

How much of it is new? Force awakens is a remake of A new hope. That leaves two films. I covered the other things they've done in the list.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I grew up on SW, lived and breathed it for decades. 15 y/o me would just lose his mind over how much there is to see nowadays. I should be so grateful that there is a never ending well of new content, and yet it sorta stopped "talking to me" a long while back.

A few of the last films in the franchise were decent, but for me, none really reignited the fire that once was.

I haven't yet seen Bobba Fett or Mando (coming from a guy who had a life-sized cardboard cutout of Fett in his room until WELL into adulthood). I might eventually get to it and maybe even to Obi Wan.

And it's not just a matter of "Lucas this" or "Disney that". I think I actually liked thinking and talking about what direction the story line should go more than the actual "being told". And now the volume and frequency of the new releases is so important that I no longer have that pleasure, I just go to bed, wake up and bam! there's another spinoff... so I don't kmnow, it just stopped being special to me. It's no longer "my franchise". It's just "a franchise".

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Other way around. People can actually say they really don't like something with your permission.

How much of it is new? Force awakens is a remake of A new hope. That leaves two films. I covered the other things they've done in the list.
So help me, if you tank this thread because you insist on having a battle with people over this, it will be the most ridiculous thread lock here all year.

44Ronin

Reaction score
Next in the marvelesque oversaturation will be Tales of the Jedi where they will start milking all the prequel characters

Gross oversaturation.

So Dale, how come Disney is leaning so heavily on lucas and not their own ensemble? Just asking for a friend....

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not the first DFO thread that feels a bit Big Bang Theory-esque to me. Not a complaint, though.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Show should've been called "Obi Wan Two Three Four..." to have a lot more drummer appeal. :cool: Badum tssss!

Tip jar's at the door (oops I forgot Star Wars fans are skittish about jars, especially when there's two of them) Badum tssss!
Give the money straight to me, I'll deposit it in my Binks account... Re-badum Tssss!

Ok I'm done. Sorry for the dad jokes overload :icon_lol: These are not the droids you're looking for, Nothing to see here...