header.nohb.html

O/T OBI WAN

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
When can we start talking about what we liked or didn’t like about the first two episodes?

boomstick

Reaction score

I hear Floyd is coming out with a new album called “Bright Side of the Moon.”

Track listing:

Talk to Me/Inhale
Still Running
Time Part 2
The Great Gig Under the Sea
Crypto
We and They
All the Nostalgia You Like
Mind Control
Eclipsed

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
When can we start talking about what we liked or didn’t like about the first two episodes?
I know, I’m waiting for permission to speak freely now that the topic of discussion has been firmly enforced.

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear Floyd is coming out with a new album called “Bright Side of the Moon.”

Track listing:

Talk to Me/Inhale
Still Running
Time Part 2
The Great Gig Under the Sea
Crypto
We and They
All the Nostalgia You Like
Mind Control
Eclipsed
Crypto.

Well done, that was inspired.

dcrigger

DFO Star
Reaction score
You know, your ad-hominem non argument would maybe work if Disney wasn't milking the original trilogy characters for all their worth because all of their own newly developed characters are terribly written and have all the collective appeal of cleaning out a grease trap.

Take a look at the list -
- EP4 prequel ( a film so desperately pandering to the original triology they even wrote the end scene to connect to the start of A new hope)
- Han Solo film
- Mandalorian
- Obi Wan

Interestingly, someone smart at disney recognised what was lacking in the disney abominations (character development) is actually a screenwriting necessity.

Don't pretend as if Dsiney's corporate zombie star wars isn't a cow that has been milked to death.
Just maybe - from just common courtesy or even respect that others might have opinions that differ than yours - could you possibly stop framing your personal opinions as though they are established facts?

I have no problem with whatever or likes or dislikes are. I just don't see the point of loading each statement with insults and absolutes. Do you imagine that gives your opinions validity? Gives them added weight?

There's plenty of interesting think to discuss about this (for those interested) but have to read then sort through all of your nasty vitriol to do it??? No thanks, I'm interested in having civil conversations with civil people. So I'm out.

robthetimekeeper

DFO Master
Reaction score
My wife and I watched it last night. We had a hard time understanding why none of these trained Jedis could catch a nine year old little girl that didn’t run very well. :)
I couldn't understand why, in a world with spaceships and lasers, they were cutting up that big fish with Ginsu knives.
I saw the first one in 'seventy-seven at the cinema . Popcorn, Glosette Raisins, root beer , Thai sticks , a full experience .
I also saw it in 77. No Thai sticks though as I was only 4.
I have no problem with whatever or likes or dislikes are. I just don't see the point of loading each statement with insults and absolutes.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't understand why, in a world with spaceships and lasers, they were cutting up that big fish with Ginsu knives.

I also saw it in 77. No Thai sticks though as I was only 4.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
Wait there are Siths here? On DFO? Cool.

44Ronin

Reaction score
My wife and I watched it last night. We had a hard time understanding why none of these trained Jedis could catch a nine year old little girl that didn’t run very well. :)
I have a hard time understanding the economics of Obi Wan packing meat in a universe where droids are a thing.

Dumb writing or intentional agenda to degrade original male characters?

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
intentional agenda to degrade original male characters?
fetchimage.jpg

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Or, a plot point about menial work that a former great Jedi has been reduced to. Did you think that there was an intentional anti-woman agenda when Rey in The Force Awakens was similarly doing salvage work? C’mon.

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or, a plot point about menial work that a former great Jedi has been reduced to. Did you think that there was an intentional anti-woman agenda when Rey in The Force Awakens was similarly doing salvage work? C’mon.
I’m just a teensy bit surprised that this particular topic became such an excrement fest and that it happened so quickly.

44Ronin

Reaction score
Or, a plot point about menial work that a former great Jedi has been reduced to. Did you think that there was an intentional anti-woman agenda when Rey in The Force Awakens was similarly doing salvage work?
Nope. Total non sequitur. Rey is a composite rehash of Anakin and Luke. Total retread. Anakin was a slave, Luke was a moisture farmer.

That really has nothing to do with Disney's obsession with undermining the OG characters.

Obi Wan in this portrayal lets evildoers beat people up, gives up on people just for them to get murdered..

This is not Obi Wan. This is not the lawful good, noble mentor Obi Wan.

Bury his lightsaber? Terrible writing.

Last edited:

dcrigger

DFO Star
Reaction score
I have a hard time understanding the economics of Obi Wan packing meat in a universe where droids are a thing.

Really no harder to understand than a world where one of the richest, most advanced nation in the world (USA) would have a city (Flint. MI) where children were unable to bathe in potable water for over a decade...
Dumb writing? You sure??? Maybe that woke radar detector you've got running full blast is throwing off some radiation that's distorting you judgement. Just a thought...

(I know I said I was out, but I just can't help myself... because you know.... sheesh) :cool: