header.nohb.html

O/T OBI WAN

dcrigger

DFO Star
Reaction score
Nope. Total non sequitur. Rey is a composite rehash of Anakin and Luke. Total retread. Anakin was a slave, Luke was a moisture farmer.
And Rey was neither.... you're right... totally retread.... huh but.... Rey was neither...
That really has nothing to do with Disney's obsession with undermining the OG characters.
Undermining OG characters - you keep harping on that - but what does this even mean??? Luke was explored as having made mistakes.... but that touches on one of the foundational questions of the original series.... as well as life. How was Luke's father turned to the dark side? The prequels answered that in detail - but we knew from the original series that Anakin was Ben's apprentice, and Anakin turned... thus Ben failed. It happens... that's life. Han and Leia raised a child that was a mess - and they couldn't stay together as a married couple - gosh gee wilikers,,, who couldn't see that coming????
Obi Wan in this portrayal lets evildoers beat people up, gives up on people just for them to get murdered..

This is not Obi Wan. This is not the lawful good, noble mentor Obi Wan.
Are you seriously saying that you don't get why he is doing that? And how after his tremendous failure with against the Emperor with Anakin and his knowing that the literal fate of the future rests in insuring that Luke grows up safely - you can't see why he would sacrifice his commitment to help anyone and everyone in the service of the greater good? He knows that he is Luke's shield, his protection - his ONLY protection against those that would clearly, desperately see him dead - or turned to the dark side....

Frankly this is totally the opposite of undermining Ben's story - it is giving it depth.... giving it meat.... real meaning.... Hopping around being heroic is certainly admirable - but far less so than when it actually costs something... when the hero makes actual sacrifice of themself... As ObiWan has been doing throughout this show.... as Mando did in leaving Grogu with Luke undisturbed...

Sorry but there's been a lot of great and powerful stuff in these current offerings.... I'm sorry you don't seem to be able to get it...

44Ronin

Reaction score
Really no harder to understand than a world where one of the richest, most advanced nation in the world (USA) would have a city (Flint. MI) where children were unable to bathe in potable water for over a decade...

Dumb writing? You sure??? Maybe that woke radar detector you've got running full blast is throwing off some radiation that's distorting you judgement. Just a thought...

(I know I said I was out, but I just can't help myself... because you know.... sheesh) :cool:
Amazing how ....discussing inconsistent character writing and basically stupid SciFi turns into "think of the children".

Automation, is like..... Totally a thing dude. Do they have cars in Flint? How about machines? Computers? Robots?

dcrigger

DFO Star
Reaction score
Amazing how ....discussing inconsistent character writing and basically stupid SciFi turns into "think of the children".

Automation, is like..... Totally a thing dude. Do they have cars in Flint? How about machines?
Hmmm... I don't know if you are really this, sorry but... dumb. Or if you're just getting off jerking everyone's chain.

So at this point, I'm sort of interested in this thread - it's not about drumming or music... but I'm more interested in talking Star Wars than in how many plies are in this snare shell compared to that one.

So I'd like to stick around and discuss the show.... but not with you.... so I'm blocking you (which means this thread and all others) so I no longer have to read your nonsense.... and I wholehearted invite anyone else that might want to do the same to do so.

Good evening to you - oh and May The Force Be With You

:cool:

44Ronin

Reaction score
Hmmm... I don't know if you are really this, sorry but... dumb. Or if you're just getting off jerking everyone's chain.

So at this point, I'm sort of interested in this thread - it's not about drumming or music... but I'm more interested in talking Star Wars than in how many plies are in this snare shell compared to that one.

So I'd like to stick around and discuss the show.... but not with you.... so I'm blocking you (which means this thread and all others) so I no longer have to read your nonsense.... and I wholehearted invite anyone else that might want to do the same to do so.

Good evening to you - oh and May The Force Be With You

:cool:
Your post still has better writing than Disney. I still like it more than Disney Star wars. So thank you.

$100 says forced character Reva will turn into a goodie with some sacrifice nonsense. I'm calling it.

Last edited:

gmiller598

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Automation, is like..... Totally a thing dude. Do they have cars in Flint? How about machines? Computers? Robots?
I bet they still have people who cut meat too.

Paradiddle

DFO Master
Reaction score
I like it. But only because Ewan is in it. He is carrying it the whole way. Plot is kinda lame, other actors are overacting horribly (especially the inquisitors). The girls is super annoying.

cashmanbashman

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it. But only because Ewan is in it. He is carrying it the whole way. Plot is kinda lame, other actors are overacting horribly (especially the inquisitors). The girls is super annoying.
Interesting! The girl playing Leia is the only thing saving it so far for me. The 3rd sister actress is horrible IMO. It could get much better if they keep pulling on the Vader thread.

Paradiddle

DFO Master
Reaction score
Interesting! The girl playing Leia is the only thing saving it so far for me. The 3rd sister actress is horrible IMO. It could get much better if they keep pulling on the Vader thread.

I'll give it another few espisodes to see if I can dig Leia. I'm not a fan of kid actors unless it's like Goonies or Stand By Me. But you are right - Leia would be annoying as a 5 year old. LOL

And yes - 3rd sister is HORRIBLE.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Again, I have to disagree, just my opinion, but I don't hate most of the 3rd sister's scenes. She's a little one-dimensional up until that scene with Obi Wan in the cargo port...serious creepiness there. (Trying not to give spoilers.) That's where I thought she really shone for the first time.

44Ronin

Reaction score
Without mentioning any spoilers.....

if the leaked plot is anything to go by, there will be a major retcon which will cheapen and confuse a key scene in A New Hope involving Luke and Obi Wan by means of terrible continuity point. I mean ...a scene so pivotal in how Obi Wan introduced lore of the Jedi to luke.

A minor TV series should not override well established stuff in the original trilogy. The original trilogy should have the tv subservient to it rather than the other way around.

It would be nice if they (Disney) respected the source material. Sadly given the trend and rampage we've seen already I don't have a new hope.

This is all my opinion, ofc

dale w miller

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Without mentioning any spoilers.....

if the leaked plot is anything to go by, there will be a major retcon which will cheapen and confuse a key scene in A New Hope involving Luke and Obi Wan by means of terrible continuity point. I mean ...a scene so pivotal in how Obi Wan introduced lore of the Jedi to luke.

A minor TV series should not override well established stuff in the original trilogy. The original trilogy should have the tv subservient to it rather than the other way around.

It would be nice if they (Disney) respected the source material. Sadly given the trend and rampage we've seen already I don't have a new hope.

This is all my opinion, ofc

I thought about something on the lines with “Darth Vader: I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, I am the master!
Ben Kenobi: Only a master of evil, Darth!”

Not true from what I saw.