O.T. Songs you want played at your funeral

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I am thinking the Smurfs song could be good, along with my “Fun in Funeral” jingle I wrote years back.

Great choices! Keep ‘em coming!

blsmn

Reaction score
I ran sound for a group called Tiller's Folly from Canada quite a few years back. There are a couple tunes that stuck with me through the years - and would like them played at mine. No church for me - bar/dance hall with friends and family. End of service starts with a somber little number called Farewell To Ardoon - time to remember and get your grief out. Next up is So Long, Farewell, Goodbye by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - no explanation needed there. Finally, it's time to drink - and as so eloquently put by Tiller's Folly, there's nothing so peculiar as drinking Water At The Bar :headbang:

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just this one on repeat

maybe mandate that my executor hires Justin himself to play it.

If they cant get Justin, just play the SRV album version on the church PA. And maybe follow up with this awesome, but somber Brian Blade tune as my casket gets wheeled out to the hearse.

And then there is this one too. Maybe at the wake.

Last edited:

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe the song “Sundown” by Gordon Lightfoot with my lyrics: “Sundown you better take care/ When you’re wearing someone else’s dirty underwear...”

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
As it's been said, funerals are for the living and not the dead so I had just assume there not be one for me personally. But if my friends and family feel they need one, then make it a celebration... I can think of several I would like to have but this is the one that is at the top of my list... A song about putting in the effort and hard work needed to make it all look easy! While it is not about drums, that is what I think of when I hear this David Wilcox song. We practice our butts off to make it all look so easy!

And maybe the old Benny Hester track "Headlights On The Highway" with Mr. Porcaro just killing it! (opps, wrong phrase for this thead! LOL)

Don't Look Down by Go West ... to me a song of encouragement...

Mr. Mister "Healing Waters"

And Maybe the whole Steely Dan AJA record!

And to have fun with a pun, wrap it up with Level 42's "It's Over"... it opens with the line "I won't be here when you come home"!

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
As it's been said, funerals are for the living and not the dead so I had just assume there not be one for me personally. But if my friends and family feel they need one, then make it a celebration... I can think of several I would like to have but this is the one that is at the top of my list... A song about putting in the effort and hard work needed to make it all look easy! While it is not about drums, that is what I think of when I hear this David Wilcox song. We practice our butts off to make it all look so easy!

And maybe the old Benny Hester track "Headlights On The Highway" with Mr. Porcaro just killing it! (opps, wrong phrase for this thead! LOL)

Don't Look Down by Go West ... to me a song of encouragement...

Mr. Mister "Healing Waters"

And Maybe the whole Steely Dan AJA record!

And to have fun with a pun, wrap it up with Level 42's "It's Over"... it opens with the line "I won't be here when you come home"!
I almost wonder if I shouldn’t have an Animatronic copy of me made, yawning from the casket, and cutting up with guests. Or, the person doing my eulogy roasts me in a falsetto voice with a hand puppet. My funeral will be fun. “We put the FUN in FUNERAL!”

Jimmystuff65

Reaction score
I think one of those New Orleans Jazz funeral parties would be in order

with lots of booze

kdgrissom

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Procol Harem "Whiter Shade of Pale"

The Hollies "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother"

The Marmalade "Reflections of my Life"

the Beatles "In My Life" (Rubber Soul)

Just to name a few........