o.t. To the Moon, Alice!

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
hahahahaha
nope. Not at all what I’m saying. Why would you assume those statements?
You are looking at all of this in a very simplistic ... almost childlike view (not to be taken as an insult).
I'm not really going to enter into this level of discussion.
I was just pointing out that you were incorrect in your assessment of how Intelligence functions within that paradigm.
Beyond that ...

Is it now? Interesting that there are pages and pages of URLs and PDF explaining the exact process of compartmentalization being utilized by intelligence apparatus for the exact reasons I described. Your reply and position is untenable. I don’t know why you made it but you should let it go before you dig your hole any deeper

Last edited:

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The pictures of the “stuff” remaining on the surface have been released and continue to be released as more and more are obtained. Hubble took some neat ones that you could find online. There is quite a collection of these out there for one who chooses to search.

Here’s some neat ones of the sites after the fact.

DDA56D8D-B79B-426E-88B9-25DFE63B2FEE.jpeg

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Yes. Wikipedia - the primary source for most Intelligence Officers.

Look, I respect your voice in this.
All I did was point out a piece of incorrect information you had stated. Nothing more.
I’m not about to sit here and try and educate you on any of this, much less how the freekin Military Intelligence Departments function.
Just take what I said with a grain of salt if you doubt me.
It is your life and your choice to believe what you want.

And before you continue flipping off the rails and attributing items I did not state to me ... I am well aware of the value of compartmentalization within the Intelligence operations.

I leave you with a single question ...
Why does it mean so much to you to try and convince others they are wrong about this?

Last edited:

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The pictures of the “stuff” remaining on the surface have been released and continue to be released as more and more are obtained. Hubble took some neat ones that you could find online. There is quite a collection of these out there for one who chooses to search.

View attachment 403834

Ok, since NASA, the NSA and CIA routinely recruit the best and brightest in just about every field and have unlimited funding, material and logistic support I am going to say that advanced photoshop is a consideration.

Trivia, Will Hunting was brilliant was he not? Who intimately recruited him?

In the Good Shepard, when Joseph Palmi said to Edward Wilson: We Italians, we got our families and we got the church. The Irish, they have the homeland. The Jews, their traditions. Even the [African Americans] they got their music. What about you people Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

What did Wilson reply?

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

View attachment 403834
Sorry....not impressed...lol.

They should be in HD and the numbers should be readable....like a license plate from a satilite!

Those pictures look like they came out of a 1970s textbook.

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes. Wikipedia - the primary source for most Intelligence Officers.

Look, I respect your voice in this.
All I did was point out a piece of incorrect information you had stated. Nothing more.
I’m not about to sit here and try and educate you on any of this, much less how the freekin Military Intelligence Departments function.
Just take what I said with a grain of salt if you doubt me.
It is your life and your choice to believe what you want.

And before you continue flipping off the rails and attributing items I did not state to me ... I am well aware of the value of compartmentalization within the Intelligence operations.

I leave you with a single question ...
Why does it mean so much to you to try and convince others they are wrong about this?
What piece of information specifically did I state that was incorrect? Specifically please.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I would love to see a seperate forum for "Conspiracies and The Supernatural"

Maybe then we could have a more pleasant discussion without the (perceived?) anger and animosity.

:(

It just brings the whole thread down which isn't fair to the OP...

I do enjoy a respectful conversation about most anything, including the topic at hand, but not if it causes people to get snippy or pushy about their perspective.

That is why I prefer to ask questions rather than state opinions.... Well, and because I ain't all that smart to begin with so my "opinions" are pretty much worthless!

Lol

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’m done. I was clear. I’m not your teacher.

Go. Live your life.
Precisely, that was about as good a retreat as you could have pulled off considering your situation. Transparent for sure but you had very few options.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

They should be in HD and the numbers should be readable....like a license plate from a satilite!

It was not my intent to impress you.
The library of photos pertaining to this subject (objects left on the moon) is quite extensive.
You had stated a desire to see photos of this subject.
If you would take it upon yourself to do some searches, I’m sure you would be able to find photos that are better and more up to date than the one I posted. NASA has recently uploaded a rather nice bundle of really cool ones.
The one I posted was very very old. It was indeed from a long long time ago. Made me smile.
I found it neat.

Last edited:

Olderschool

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

The bottom line is that you asked and MrJnic answered. But then you simply chose not to accept the exact proof you asked for. Nothing else can be said unless you want to ask about something else.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here’s some hi-res pics that NASA released eight or ten years ago. These still make me smile. Pretty freekin cool stuff.

82A7753C-A41A-41FD-B6A6-0EE6AE020610.jpeg
31D39B52-43B4-4622-9D81-8F5EC67E8BD5.jpeg

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The bottom line is that you asked and MrJnic answered. But then you simply chose not to accept the exact proof you asked for. Nothing else can be said unless you want to ask about something else.
Hmmm....are we being graded on this exercise? Lol...

I gave an honest response-"not impressed". I have seen VERY impressive shots from space, and the shots available online of the Apllo landing sites-even the "new and improved" ones don't even come close to them.

Has nothing to do with "choosing" anything at all. I didn't call into question whether the shots were "real" or not. Lol

I just think for where we are technology-wise there should be some awesome detailed shots of those sites by now.

If we could put a man up there 50 years ago...surely we can take a picture of their footprints and the vehicle they used in 2019, no?

Lol

So then the question-"Why would we want to waste all that money nust to take a picture of what we all know is there. That seems pretty stupid Mongrel....you half-wit...!"

I don't know...maybe to be able to better ascertain the effect of the moon's environment on our equipment? We hear talk of a manned moon outpost. Would be nice to know what those conditions would do to our gear long-term. Maybe before we start talking about Mars, start with something that has already been proven can be done, like the moon, and get smething se up there...

Like I said earlier-it should be a piece of cake in 2019.

Last edited:

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I just think for where we are technology-wise there should be some awesome detailed shots of those sites by now.

If we could put a man up there 50 years ago...surely we can take a picture of their footprnts and the vehicle they used in 2019, no?

Ok. I understand the breakdown in comprehension.
You are not familiar with how pictures are taken in space.
My suggestion is for you to educate yourself on the variables augmented for those shots. It’s a lot of digital and thermal formulas applied through a variety of algorithms ... and a hell of a lot of guesswork ... the imagery you see of far off stars and such is not a “picture” like from your camera. It’s the results of a ton of calculations to best represent what is out there.
These pictures here of the moon were taken with the traditional lens method via the telescope and then run through cleanup ... basically. There’s more to it, but for the sake of clarity, this explanation will suffice.

You are conflating spy satellite imagery and space imagery and telescope imagery. There are marked differences in those.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ok. I understand the breakdown in comprehension.
You are not familiar with how pictures are taken in space.
My suggestion is for you to educate yourself on the variables augmented for those shots. It’s a lot of digital and thermal formulas applied through a variety of algorithms ... the imagery you see of far off stars and such is not a “picture” like from your camera. It’s the results of a ton of calculations to best represent what is out there.
These pictures here of the moon were taken with the traditional lens method via the telescope and then run through cleanup ... basically. There’s more to it, but for the sake of clarity, this explanation will suffice.

You are conflating spy satellite imagery and space imagery and telescope imagery. There are marked differences in those.
Ok, fair enough. So they are not real pictures in the traditional sense, more like artisitic renderings created by computation? Certainly won't argue the science. I appreciate the "non-condescending" response, MC.

Can you explain, briefly if possible, why the Chinese lunar rover shots (at least the ones I've looked at) don't look any better than the Hasselblad shots from 1969?

Latest posts