5. Peanut
4. Pecan
3. Pistachio
2. Hazelnut
1. Macadamia

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I will agree with the selection, but not necessarily the ranking. That is too dependent upon personal taste anyway. Also, I never liked the flavor of macadamia nuts, but I "get" the factors such as richness and texture.

sixplymaple

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad I’m highly allergic to tree nuts :(. Luckily for me peanuts aren’t technically nuts though, they are legumes. So I can eat all the peanuts I want!

mfryed2112

DFO Star
Reaction score
This whole nut allergy thing blows my mind! When a kid who hates lunch meat(let’s be honest, it’s really bad for you) can’t take a peanut butter sandwich or some trail mix to school we have a real problem!!!
shell peanuts and beer, nuts on a sundae, Kung pao, candied walnut shrimp? Yes please

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of almost every nut on VB's list, except the Brazil nut. I don't know what it is, but I'm just not a fan of Brazil nuts.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry but you can put a peanut in any style and it will shine, it's super versatile.
Peanut is clearly the best nut for the money and they are good boiled, fried or in butter form, but there are tastier nuts.

lamartee

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad I’m highly allergic to tree nuts :(. Luckily for me peanuts aren’t technically nuts though, they are legumes. So I can eat all the peanuts I want!
Yep Me too. Love me my peanuts. You should be okay with cashews (I know I am) Technically not a legume because of the way they grow (hard shell not pod)bit the same type of structure as a peanut. I can eat pistachios too with no issues. (not quite sure why) Any other nuts break out the EpiPen.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin's Almond Butter (any flavor) might move almond to the top of the list if you have some. Or the peanut butter cups, which demolish Reese's.

Then again, I speak of dessert here. Not quite the same.

Last edited:

Matched Gripper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm a fan of almost every nut on VB's list, except the Brazil nut. I don't know what it is, but I'm just not a fan of Brazil nuts.
Brazil nuts can be naturally sweet. FYI, Brazil nuts are very high in selenium. 4 Brazil nuts, alone, can potentially exceed the safe daily upper limit of selenium.