O.T. Top 10 NUTS

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pistachio nuts, ice cream , pie etc .

Cashews # 2 , ideally a mix of the two .

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know that I have a favorite, I rotate between things depending on what I'm in the mood for.

Since I changed my diet pretty drastically a couple years back, nuts are something that I'll eat almost regularly - for protein and I'm not skeered of the fat content which is in large part good for you. I just had my annual doc visit and assortment of labs and he said I should ask for a redux in my life insurance premium since they all came back fantastic - especially my good cholesterol ratio to my bad cholesterol which was off the charts good and to some degree I think the nuts I rotate into my diet has a big part of that.

Unstalted walnuts I think are really good but dang, pricey.

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know that I have a favorite, I rotate between things depending on what I'm in the mood for.

Since I changed my diet pretty drastically a couple years back, nuts are something that I'll eat almost regularly - for protein and I'm not skeered of the fat content which is in large part good for you. I just had my annual doc visit and assortment of labs and he said I should ask for a redux in my life insurance premium since they all came back fantastic - especially my good cholesterol ratio to my bad cholesterol which was off the charts good and to some degree I think the nuts I rotate into my diet has a big part of that.

Yup, I hear beer nuts are very good for cholesterol...:-D

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, I hear beer nuts are very good for cholesterol...:-D
I'll eat those too and boston baked beans (nuts) when I get a rare itch for something sweet/salty.

And corn nuts.

And.. (don't judge me) but one of my cravings is salt, so when my wife makes microwave popcorn and doesn't eat the half popped kernels or the burnt ones I scarf them up.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

If I’m not making your health records too public, what did you do besides eating nuts to bring up your good cholesterol?

I was told by my doctor that mine is too low and has been for awhile, but my bad cholesterol isn’t high either.

Last edited:

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I’m not making your health records too public, what did you besides eating nuts to bring up your good cholesterol?

I was told by my doctor that mine is too low and has been for awhile, but my bad cholesterol isn’t high either.
Everyone's metabolism is different so what works or doesn't for me may or may not for you, keep that in mind.

I really avoid starches and sugars. Didn't eliminate them - still need them but I avoid bread, pasta, rice as much as I can. Fats don't scare me but I really don't eat a lot of things. No breakfast, maybe a chef salad with just vinegar for lunch and I'm a night time snacker so I might have a couple of table spoons of greek yogurt at night before falling back asleep.

In between I might have some nuts (whatever I buy) to munch on. I also like a tablespoon or two of just peanut butter as a snack sometimes during the day. Or hard boiled eggs, just one or two as a little filler to keep you going.

Weekends I'll eat more, burgers, wings but I don't overdo it.

Oh, and a bourbon or two here and there. :p

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone's metabolism is different so what works or doesn't for me may or may not for you, keep that in mind.

I really avoid starches and sugars. Didn't eliminate them - still need them but I avoid bread, pasta, rice as much as I can. Fats don't scare me but I really don't eat a lot of things. No breakfast, maybe a chef salad with just vinegar for lunch and I'm a night time snacker so I might have a couple of table spoons of greek yogurt at night before falling back asleep.

In between I might have some nuts (whatever I buy) to munch on. I also like a tablespoon or two of just peanut butter as a snack sometimes during the day. Or hard boiled eggs, just one or two as a little filler to keep you going.

Weekends I'll eat more, burgers, wings but I don't overdo it.

Oh, and a bourbon or two here and there. :p
I was told by the doc that vigorous exercise like weight lifting and high intensity training can boost it, along with certain foods, especially avocado. I’ll look up the effects of nuts on good cholesterol. I know they can help shift your metabolism.

Another doc told me it’s really difficult to change those numbers for the better and then didn’t tell me much about how to work on it! It wasn’t too low anyway but could be better and having it higher is beneficial to your health.

I don’t want to sidetrack the thread anymore but I lost 30 lbs since the start of the plague, some of it on purpose and could stand to lose 10-20 more.

mebeatee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Did those “list“ drum folks play Salt Peanuts....
Dentures and nuts can be interesting at times.....but I still like ‘em...;)
bt

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Spanish baby red skins!!...Yes they are real, and i,ll still get deleted ...just because.

Last edited:

fusseltier

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, back in the 80s and 90s either a half or a whole hit of acid was what the entire band played on and we were good.
jump to now after I had an accident (straight) not my fault, and broke my back, pain meds are what work. but I'm limited to how long I can play and how often.