O.T.: What Are You Doing This Summer (Non-Drumming)

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vistalite Black and Mrs. Black just got back from Memphis. Flying still sucks, but we ate ribs and saw a really good band on a quite crowded Beale Street. Skipped the drum store this time.

Not many plans for the summer, but we are going to see Liz Phair/Garbage/Alanis Morrissette in Aug (using tickets bought in 2019) and a Americana-ish festival in Chattanooga. Also planning on a couple of kayaking trips in the mountains.

Just got a notice yesterday that a big Power Metal tour is coming to a nearby club in September: Seven Nations/Aether Realm/Unleash the Archers. Can't wait for that. Love Aether Realm.

What non-drumming pursuits are you planning now that many of us are free to travel and see friends again?

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiting to get my second vax . Meanwhile, pokin around the yard fixing and building, generally trying to be a law abiding citizen , which wasn't always the case . The older I get the less motivated I am to look for trouble , big job , I'll leave to the young'ns .

Fishing, of course . Last year I caught 53 , lets see if I can beat that in' 21 .

Meanwhile its go Habs go !!!

Last edited:

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mostly working. Summer is field work season (ends Sept 30) for my temporary help as well as fire season, so we’re expected to stay around. It looks to be a long hot summer. Yesterday was 112 degrees. Then off to Peru in November.

Meanwhile, tomorrow I’m driving to Ledoux, NM, to celebrate my friend’s 72nd birthday. We’ve known each other since junior high school.

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Weekend with "the guys" on the lake in July. King Crimson concert outdoors in August. Hopefully complete my first ever 100 mile cycling trek (for fundraiser).

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought a new house late last year, the real estate market is really tricky here and glad I did when I did, can't find one now. It came with lots of projects and that's kept me painfully busy last couple of months. Got rid of the electric stove and ran a propane line and put in a new gas stove. Today finally got a huge stump hauled out of my yard and a few electrical work things. Tomorrow I'm digging up and replacing some sprinkler lines, big yard and it needs sodded - next years project right now. I need to run sewage and water lines to the other end of the yard for the camper, going to do that this summer sometime.

Went down to 26 last night so a couple of the tomato plants and melons we planted got trashed, replaced them. Going to be 90 this weekend so hopefully that's the last of the overnight freezing.

Granddaughter is spending the summer here and we put up a swing set play thing, trampoline and one of those big tub rides I picked up at a shop near Vegas so the yard looks like a playground right now.

At this point in the year I'da been fishing at least once a week, haven't even gotten a license yet. Didn't put in for game tags either, figured I'd be too busy this summer and so far I'm right.

Got the camper ready so I could get a couple of camping trips and ATV rides in, that's going to be about it for me. The Wendover concert hall is starting shows later in the summer so I might catch one there, Queensreich is playing in September I think?

bbunks

DFO Master
Reaction score
Returned to in-person drum lessons today. More please.

Daughter and son-in-law visit from Brooklyn in 2 weeks - first time we’ve seen them since Dec ‘19.

Spending a lot of time with my 5 yr old Grandson after very infrequent visits the past 15 mos. Doing my best to make up for lost time.

Helping my son get settled in his new place.

Trip to Portland / Seattle in late July. Hoping to visit Revival Drums.

Some small club shows - local groups and then The Iquanas in August.

San Diego trip in Sept. Will see Metheny.

Walking our puppy.

In November we have tickets for Genesis when they play Chicago.

Last edited:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing is I'll be riding on my own (with my wife as support) from SF to LA in early September on my road bike.

Since the AIDS ride has happened in two years, I really want to ride down the coast again.
This will be my 23rd time riding down there.

nmosko

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Beach trip to the Redneck Riviera with the wife and baby boy. Blackberry smoke in august. Wait on my new Gretsch kit. Probably go to Pigeon forge TN because we always get up one day and decide to go there for a few days. Enjoy the break before students return to school after Labor Day.

nmosko

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Returned to in-person drum lessons today. More please.

Daughter and son-in-law visit from Brooklyn in 2 weeks - first time we’ve seen them since Dec ‘19.

Spending a lot of time with my 5 yr old Grandson after very infrequent visits the past 15 mos. Doing my best to make up for lost time.

Helping my son get settled in his new place.

Trip to Portland / Seattle in late July. Hoping to visit Revival Drums.

Some small club shows - local groups and then The Iquanas in August.

San Diego trip in Sept. Will see Metheny.

Walking our puppy.

In November we have tickets for Genesis when they play Chicago.
this man has really seen his family way less than anyone should! water on Covid! Very happy for you man!!