Odd vintage cymbal tilter .. Looking for info

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Camco maybe? I have something like it, though I cut it down and used it for a camera mount a few years ago.

rock roll

Reaction score
Camco maybe? I have something like it, though I cut it down and used it for a camera mount a few years ago.
Lol. I have used it for a couple things.a practice pad holder and I've also put an Aquarius spring cymbal holder on it, to use as a cymbal stand.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I recall seeing something very similar for sale at a music store. I think it was bagged with a Cannon branded label. I might be wrong on that but, regardless, I don't think these style tilters are terribly old.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
dtk is right. Going by memory, they were made by a man named Dudley Taws. He machined all of them. He made quite a few varieties of cymbal extenders and clamp on holders. I bought quite a few back in the 90's. He ran ads in Modern Drummer and was adamant about selling to independent shops and not selling to the big chains.

rock roll

Reaction score
Here's the original Duplicate X cymbal stacker. They made 6" & 12" models. I still use them , for me they are the most adjustable and simplest to use. I will buy any of these you guys don't want..
I only have one.i would consider parts trade if I can find more , but I'm pretty sure I just have the one.probably not worth shipping.

Velociamator

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Whoa... I was in high school with big ol' Dudley Taw from Bronxville. He was a helluva drummer, said he'd studied with Krupa. This was Spring term 1964.

Latest posts