Off Topic: What happened to the MMJ thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vintagedrumjunky

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ah, from the mouth of the lion that roared...everything is going to be fine precious...the forum has been restored back to its proper order.

S

skinsman

Well, I guess I missed this round. Somehow I get stuck in these deals more often than not)))

Can anyone give me a clue to what I/WE missed without getting into a war zone?

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if this thread is killed before the end of the day. I've seen this played out on other forums. It's a sensitive subject that's just asking for a battle we don't need here, IMHO. Just as much potential for hurt feelings as a political thread.

pedro navahas

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was really hoping for an answer to my question!!

vintagedrumjunky

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It was just a thread about obtaining and posessing a medical marijuana card....I think I missed something as well...I thought the question i posed was fairly benign.

mudjacker2

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
talking about medical marijuana....didnt know it was such a polarizing topic, considering its 2013 and legal in many places now....Im sure the curmudgeon factor is why its gone....

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
talking about medical marijuana....didnt know it was such a polarizing topic, considering its 2013 and legal in many places now....Im sure the curmudgeon factor is why its gone....
No, the DRUM factor is why it's gone. That, and the fact that there has in the past been at least one instance where this substance was illegally trafficked through our forum's messaging system.

Use common sense, folks. This is one of those subject areas that just isn't appropriate.

Hamfist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
In a few short yrs we will laugh at our prudish selves.

vintagedrumjunky

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember a thread months ago, in which someone posed the question about smoking Cannabis while playing. Everyone seemed to have a little fun with it, and no harm was done. I don't understand this sudden knee jerk reaction, to what I consider, a fairly innocuous conversation. In any event, I apologize to anyone I offended, this was definately not my intention.

crowe420

Reaction score
Why do you even need/want to talk about that on a drum forum. Theres plenty of marijuana based forums.

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had a thread deleted also for no logical reason I could see. The rules are admirably short in this forum but I'm not surprised that they are a little more extensive than that. Bottom line is that the guy that owns the house makes the rules and I'm fine with that on OT threads.

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Why do you even need/want to talk about that on a drum forum. Theres plenty of marijuana based forums.
That's unfair IMO. There are many OT threads because as a community we become interested in each other as people. The OP is certainly not the first to start a thread on a personal medical issue. OT threads by definition aren't about percussion.

Bunnyman

Stuarto Pidasso
Reaction score
That's unfair IMO. There are many OT threads because as a community we become interested in each other as people. The OP is certainly not the first to start a thread on a personal medical issue. OT threads by definition aren't about percussion.
Yes! Yes!!!

After all, talking drums gets to be boring. After so much talk, I either want to play or talk about other things.

I do like the fact that things are kept civil here.

Status
Not open for further replies.