Official DW Drums Thread

KingLudwig

Reaction score
I'm seeking photos/info of the new dw 2015 timeless timber.All I've heard is that it's made from 1500y.o. Oak found in ariver in Romania. Thanks!

billyward

Reaction score
I've heard all about this for quite some time but have not seen it myself. JG says it is beautiful, but he loves every wood :)

Normandy Drums

Reaction score
image.jpg

I enjoy these Drum Workshop Jazz Series shells with a few different snares (in this picture it was A black nickel over brass snare.)

gutenberg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
troutstudio said:
Wow some beautiful drums there. Jbonzo and Gutenberg- I would love to see all your drums together! Incredible collection.
My current DW kits & snares are on page 1 of this thread

drumflyer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Geostorm98 said:
Friday night - I like the backdrop at this place...put some coated whites on for a change of pace.
How is your rack Tom mounted? Did your floor tom have the legs from the factory or did you attach the mounts?

Geostorm98

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Friday night - I like the backdrop at this place...put some coated whites on for a change of pace.
How is your rack Tom mounted? Did your floor tom have the legs from the factory or did you attach the mounts?
[/quote
I modified the kit to make it more versatile. The rack tom is mounted on a Dunnet r class rail which also has a puppy bone attached on the other end for a splash. All I had to do was put a floor tom bracket on top of the kick drum, pretty non invasive. The other end of the rail rests on a non marring rubber stopper. The kit came as a 6 pc (10,12,14,16, 22, snare) with the 14 and 16 toms equipped with factory rims mounts but there's hardly ever room for both. I took the mounts off and added the floor tom brackets and legs to both drums. I think the floor toms sound better and are definetly more stable with the DW legs & brackets. The 16 is the one I usually bring.
[/QUOTE]

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
L_R_L_R_L_L_ said:
image.jpg

I enjoy these Drum Workshop Jazz Series shells with a few different snares (in this picture it was A black nickel over brass snare.)
Nice.

The Jazz Series are great sounding drums that brought me back to DW.

Normandy Drums

Reaction score
zenghost said:
image.jpg

Nice.

The Jazz Series are great sounding drums that brought me back to DW.
I feel the same way. Was looking for a change and really like their versatility. Lot of great shells out there but these grabbed me.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Dan, that first photo of you playing the blue DW kit looks so out of place. I'm used to all of your kits having the 1-up, 2-down configuration with the rack tom on a snare stand. Could you possibly have once played a 2-up, 1-down kit with no floor tom, all mounted on a drum rack?

Moonman

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased this kit https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DDLM2213IM--dw-design-series-3-piece-shell-pack-iron-satin-metallic
It's a 22" BD, 13" tom, and 16" FT.

I am looking for advice on which other size toms I could add. Either a 8" and 10", or a 10" and 12".

What would sound better?
I can't say for sure which would sound better, but I have 10,12,14 toms and would like to add a 16. For some reason, I like even-spaced diameter increments and, if I were you, would add a 10 to go with your 13 and 16s, making an even 3" difference b/w all 3.

ncdrumr

Reaction score
I have a six piece Performance kit in white wrap, and I REALLY like them. Great build, great hardware, great sounds. Different types of heads produce naturally different sounds. Recently I discovered that having spongy floor sports mats under the drums affects the sound, which surprised me a bit. I was noticing that the 8x12 had far less sustain when on the stand vs when I held it in my hand. I was beginning to wonder if the DW suspension mount was pinching the drum or something, when I thought I should move the tom stand to the hard floor. Totally different! I actually prefer the size of the Performance series lugs. Otherwise I might try scraping together the money to purcha$e a green Collector's kit like Phoster's.

Latest posts