bbunks

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
VLT Collectors in Tequila Sunrise Lacquer
SSC Collectors in Blue Glass
Performance Series in Gun Metal Gray Lacquer
Classics in Black Diamond
Maple/Mahogany in Black Ice
Always lusted after your Tequila Sunrise finish. Lovely drums!

crash

DFO Master
Reaction score
The only pic of my DWs. Great sounding set. Just never felt like me. Made way for a set of preserial Ludwigs
1ABCF378-207C-42B0-9796-9A1A90C81763.jpeg

rstange1

Reaction score
Here's another shot of my WMP DW Collectors (snare is a Rogers PowerTone). I snapped this photo after setting up the kit at a friend's house. Their daughter is a talented drummer who was practising on an electric kit at home. They were on the fence about how an acoustic kit would fit into the household so I thought what better way to know than to try it out, and loaned them the DWs etc. Success! She's now playing a vintage big-R Rogers set that we found for her a few months later.

IMG_0124.jpeg

Ddub177

Reaction score
All things DW!

Post your DW kits, snares, hardware, etc. Talk DW gear, wishes, ideas, NAMM rumors, etc.

Anything DW, put it here! PDP too if you like

Let the posting begin!
Hello, thinking of purchasing this snare off offer up, just wanted to get your opinions,info, fair price? Any kind of help will be much appreciated...thanks in advance, blessings!!! Mike...
https://offerup.co/wx9eFami27

Rhyma Hop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm curious what people think of the Remo DW Coated / Clear heads with the broken ring of coating around the perimeter.

I recently picked up some that were unplayed but haven't tried them on any of my kits yet.

When I had my Collectors kit I was primarily using coated ambassadors.

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm curious what people think of the Remo DW Coated / Clear heads with the broken ring of coating around the perimeter.

I recently picked up some that were unplayed but haven't tried them on any of my kits yet.

When I had my Collectors kit I was primarily using coated ambassadors.
In the twelve years that I've owned my DW kit I've had almost every head that Remo, Evans and Aquarian make. Last year I went back to DW/Remo heads on that kit. I've never tried them on any other drums.

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
For some reason I never posted on this thread, I guess that I never spotted it.

Here is a photo of my 2008 DW Collector's Series kit shortly after I bought it in the summer of 2008.

1594692749951.png

Here it is at a gig hundreds of gigs later, this photo was taken in 2017. It still looks new thanks to Humes and Berg Enduro cases.

1594692970362.png

Here is another shot of it, this time in a one up two down configuration with a mix of DW 6000 flat based and DW Ultralight stands. I've always loved the way this finish looks under the lights.

1594693836540.png

It's a great kit. Last year my Gretsch USA Customs became my primary gigging setup. These are packed away in their cases for now, waiting for their next chance to come out and play.

I have some interesting DW snare drums, I'll try to get them together for a group photo soon.

Last edited:

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
In the twelve years that I've owned my DW kit I've had almost every head that Remo, Evans and Aquarian make. Last year I went back to DW/Remo heads on that kit. I've never tried them on any other drums.
Every DW kit I played onthat used the Coated/Clear heads were tuned really low. Sounded great, but really low.

phdamage

Reaction score
i have a pre-collectors dw brass snare that looks like it came from the titanic (i took it on a lot of tours) that i love to death. i know people seem to like to dislike that era of dw, but i love it and it has probably seen more studio action than any other snare i own.

i had a collectors bell bronze that i sold because it never sounded right to me - could have been the 5" depth (i prefer 6.5" and up). it was kinda fun to hand to people in the case because it was so damn heavy, though.

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as pre-collector’s. A general misconception that took its own life .

They were called Collectors in the earliest catalogs.

They made 5”, 6”, and 7” depths in the first generation. The later iterations where regular sized depths with 5,5 and 6,5. also these were spun? with a seam.

I owned the 13x7 polished (13kg) and now own the 14x6 raw (9kg).

Truly magnificent snares, where the latter owns any snare I had so far.

8321CF67-1518-4D39-8E10-169AE7EBF111.jpeg
8DE289ED-FD68-49CD-8C1E-8466679E773E.jpeg

Last edited: