header.nohb.html

Official Gretsch Drums Thread

culture trash

Reaction score
The BKs, like most Gretsch drums have a certain twangy-ness to them that give them their own voice and it tends to shine through no matter what I play or how I tune/process them. Maybe that's all part of "that great Gretsch sound".

The Sonors sound a bit more even, a little more transparent. Great at pretty much everything you (or anyway at what I) throw at them. The craftsmanship on those is quite outstanding.

Both spectacular series in their own right. At that point it is more about what brand you identify with, what "tribe" you want to be a part of...
Thank you for that! What you are saying definitely tracks with what I have heard on Youtube. What finish is your Sonor Vintage kit?

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thank you for that! What you are saying definitely tracks with what I have heard on Youtube. What finish is your Sonor Vintage kit?
Red oyster... It looks like melted red lollipop sugar. So deep you could drown in it... I won't post em in a Gretsch thread but here's a link to another:

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here's an episode of Killer drums TV, a YT channel from Australia. This one is about a ridiculously good looking twilight glass nitron set of Broadkasters. There is a good bunch of talking before the actual demo. Skip to 11:18 if you just want to hear the drums..

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
003.JPG

003.JPG

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
(link fixed/ the 5pc is on Reverb in Maine past 4 months; The double bass a fella Owns at VDF

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
p3xrg3nkyxc7ugxaczi9.jpg

hard rock? : )

Last edited:

Jhouse86

Reaction score
Gretsch Broadkasters. 14x24, 16x16, 9x13. This was a custom order. Gretsch shipped a magazine, 4 full size posters, a catalog, stickers, drum key, a felt bag with replacement tension rods, plus a small Gretsch pin. I was very impressed, no matter the value, someone took the time to put a little bag together for a stranger. Obviously receiving the kit was great, but the bag of goodies put a huge smile on my face.
20220611_161053.jpg

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
double-click

vyhb4ztigw04cduleexj.jpg

little rock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
2005 or 2006 USA Customs bought from Fitzy back in the Cymbalhollic days. Wrapped in Sabian Manhattans.

Attachments

• IMG_2718.JPG
    IMG_2718.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 42

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turquoise Pearl Nitron
New finish

TurquoisePearlNitron-lg.jpg

in the Gretsch USA house..

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gretsch Vintage -Pre 1985 FB group.

aaaand One from Paris (yea France..)

Gretsch Paris.jpg

Gretsch Paris.jpg

I don't think (...) we'll see anything like these again in our lifetimes.
Other than that..

Last edited:

culture trash

Reaction score
I’m looking to add some pieces to my Gretsch Brooklyn kit, but unfortunately the reps at Gretsch are saying I can no longer get the Brooklyns in the wrap mine are in (purple glass). I can only get the USA and Broadkasters. Because of this, I have kicked around the idea of doing a mix-and-match of the three lines. Specifically, Broadkaster kick (14x24), USA Custom Floor Tom (14x16), and rolling with my Brooklyn rack Tom. Anyone done anything like this before? Any affirmation or cautionary tales?

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to add some pieces to my Gretsch Brooklyn kit, but unfortunately the reps at Gretsch are saying I can no longer get the Brooklyns in the wrap mine are in (purple glass). I can only get the USA and Broadkasters. Because of this, I have kicked around the idea of doing a mix-and-match of the three lines. Specifically, Broadkaster kick (14x24), USA Custom Floor Tom (14x16), and rolling with my Brooklyn rack Tom. Anyone done anything like this before? Any affirmation or cautionary tales?
Broadkaster would have the same hoops.
but it's not something anyone's ever done in the past worth noting