Official Tama Drums Thread

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It would be interesting to hear a limited edition b/w Saturn along side the new Tama version.
Me not being a Mapex dealer (you know the whole Yorkiville/L&M thing) I never got a chance to hear a b/w Mapex. I don't doubt they would sound pretty good. All Saturns sound good to my ears.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Me not being a Mapex dealer (you know the whole Yorkiville/L&M thing) I never got a chance to hear a b/w Mapex. I don't doubt they would sound pretty good. All Saturns sound good to my ears.
Well you would of heard one if you CAME OVER TO SEE MY BARN! :)

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok here’s one for the Tama gang. I have a 90s (I think). HH55 with a mushy old spring. Does this spring assembly exist as a replacement part? The newer assemblies look quite different and there’s nothing remotely this ancient on Tama’s site. Any leads appreciated.
Dave
C46AB1AC-6EBC-4531-9852-C25410C7AD67.jpeg

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Did you try emailing Tama and asking if they still offer the replacement spring?
Thanks Elvis. Sometimes the common sense approach whizzes right past me! I did not assuming what they had would be in their parts section.
I ended up removing one end of the spring from the brass retainer thingy, then clipped off 1/2 inch of coil. Worked like a charm!

Latest posts