Official Yamaha Drums Thread

croomz

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not sure if there has been one or is one. I know the PDF has a similar thread, but not all of you are members there.

But I thought it'd be good to have a Yamaha specific thread on DFO.

All things Yamaha!

Post your Yamaha kits, snares, hardware, etc. Talk Yamaha gear, wishes,ideas, NAMM rumors, etc.

Anything Yamaha, put it here!

Let the posting begin!

croomz

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my 2012 maple custom absolute.

20x18
12x8
14x13
14x6

I regret selling this kit. But i never could get a good sound from the 20" kick. I'm too much of a 22" fan.

mangosmoothie

Reaction score
I'm considering some of these. Anyone have experience with these? DTX522

croomz

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have tried the Yamaha ekits with the new cellular pads and they feel great! Much better than the competition's mesh heads or other head types.

If i were you though I'd save up for the DTX562K.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DTX562K

What i love about the Yamaha E-Kits is that they have sampled in their acoustic series like Maple, Birch, Oak customs.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Love 'em all but never owned any. There hardware is top notch as well.

My PA is all Yamaha with the exception of a QSC amp and an Eq.

Edit for font size

mangosmoothie

Reaction score
croomz said:
I have tried the Yamaha ekits with the new cellular pads and they feel great! Much better than the competition's mesh heads or other head types.

If i were you though I'd save up for the DTX562K.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DTX562K

What i love about the Yamaha E-Kits is that they have sampled in their acoustic series like Maple, Birch, Oak customs.
Yeah I always like the Yamaha sounds better. The DTX522 was the "lowest" level I was looking at. Anything higher is also fine. I'm probably going used so it'll come down to what is the best deal.

croomz

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If I ever had to buy a e-kit, Id go for the 900 series.

Oh BTW, Yamaha just released sound samples of the PHX drums for the 900/700 series modules.

A J

DFO Master
Reaction score
I used to work at Yamaha, so naturally, I had purchased some really great drums over the years: maple custom absolute toms and snares, birch custom absolute bass drum, stage custom, recording custom. The only thing I really have remaining is one 20" BCA bass drum, a MCA snare (which I'm selling) and hardware. Everything else I've sold away and used the money for other (mostly drum) purchases. Would you believe the only kit I really regret selling is the cheap stage custom? 16x20, 9x10, 12x14. That was a great sounding and easy to move gigging set.

croomz

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Worked at Yamaha?! That must have been nice.

The new Stage Customs are awesome! I played one at a local GC, and it was impressive.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Just sold my RC's so here's a couple of shots of my only Yammie set at the moment.my Club Custom's - 22/10/12/14/16

croomz

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
RickP mentioned this in one of his threads

"I have heard from a very reliable source (within side information) that Yamaha has asked Steve Gaddto design a new high end drum set for them and it may be introduced at NAMM 2015. I don't have any further details than that. I was also told the Recording Customs will be reintroduced."

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
Of all non American made drums Yamaha interests me most. But all I've ever owned is Yamaha hardware which I think is great.

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a ton of Yamaha hardware and had an 8" brass snare Tommy Aldridge played in a clinic, sold it like a F'n idiot.

I love the new Live Custom line.

Latest posts