Official Yamaha Drums Thread

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
I thought someone in the know around here said look for some interesting new stuff from Yamaha at Musikmesse 2018 which just started today. Any truth to that?

Groov-E

Reaction score
hefty said:
I thought someone in the know around here said look for some interesting new stuff from Yamaha at Musikmesse 2018 which just started today. Any truth to that?
New finishes for the Live Customs : sparkles, inlays, the works. Yeah baby !

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
Groov-E said:
Where do you see that?

MustangMick

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Any Yamaha news from Musikmesse?
Even a couple of Sparkle colours for Live Custom would be nice (Habanero Orange or close to that....pretty please)

Mick

Groov-E

Reaction score
hefty said:
Where do you see that?

Sorry if I mislead you, that was not my intention. It is just wishful thinking on my part, I never lose hope.

Kevaruka

Reaction score
Nice drums ! Which kit do you prefer ? You have a preference for the toms of both series.. and/or the kicks ?
I love both the kits. The RC's are special though so are kept for recording only. The RTC's are also fantastic & similar sounding but quite a bit louder than the RC's. My go to touring kit :) I also have a Mapex Saturn 3 with "Fast Tom's" (10x7 & 12x8) which is completely different but not as nice looking on stage :)

hector48

Reaction score
Currently have 2 Stage Custom kits and they really are nice. As good as drums costing twice as much.
I'd really like to try out the Recording Customs, but dang they are so expensive.
Like 5 times the price of the stage customs.
Are they really "that much better" than stage customs?

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this beauty that showed up at the shop today :) 1986 Recording Custom in Quartz Grey ! The cool thing about this set, besides all the obvious, the bass is 14X22 and it has a matching 7X14 snare ! Love this set !View attachment 386889 View attachment 386890 View attachment 386891
Awesome kit! I caught a local band in '86 when I was on leave from the Marines. The drummer had a brand new kit in Quartz Grey. The looked and sounded great and he was really happy with his new set.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What a sweet set Murat! Was the standard 14" deep kick a little more rare? I just dont carry a lot of Yamaha knowledge in my head but I always think of R/C's as having longer kicks. I saw Huey Lewis & the News back in the day and Billy was playing a 6 piece in the same Quartz Grey (with one of his Solid snares) and I've have been a fan ever since!

I had a ton of Yamaha pass through my hands in the day but this was the only one I actually kept for myself.... only just sold it recently as it was just not getting played.

20160918_164112.jpg