Oh, how BORING! A thread on Drum Thrones??? Now with POLL

What is your favorite drum throne? Please forgive notable exceptions.

• Total voters

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use an older Tama basic throne. It is solid and I find it comfortable.
I'd probably also like any of the above suggestions too though

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love my Roc n Soc hydrolic. I think it's the shock absorption of the gas cylinder that really makes all the difference.

musiqman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's the Roc N Soc for me.

After owning Yamaha, DW, and Gibraltar (and basically sat on every brand in rehearsal spaces, stages and studio's in dire times of need), this is really where it's at.

Made of vinyl, with nitro, and a foot peg to rest one or two feet on when needed.

What It Is

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had good luck with both DW and Tama. I like a firmer seat and both deliver quite well for me.

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
In my studio, I'm using a Porter and Davies shaker top with a Yamaha 800 series bottom, and it's super stable and comfy. It's also 17 lbs :D

With my gig kits, I use a combination of the Tama 1st Chair, the new Rogers lightweight, and a Yamaha 700 series, depending on the kit + hardware set (those are listed heaviest to lightest).

If I didn't need a shaker throne for my e-kit, I'd invest in a Sound Seat for my studio -- they're incredible.

drums1225

Reaction score
Roc N Soc all the way. Before my first Roc n Soc, I was ruining Tama Titan thrones about once a year. They would start to have play in the post, where it entered the seat, and then eventually the welds would break. I was about 150 lbs and I've never been overly rambunctious when I play.

Enter the Roc n Soc Nitro. I bought my first one in 2000, and 21 years later, I still use the SAME one on my gigs. I only had to replace the rubber feet, which eventually wore through. Now I have 3 Nitros. The original 21 year old one for my live kit, and one each for my two studio kits.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sold my Tama Ergo rider and First chair thrones last year as I far prefer my Roc N Soc nitro . I like the feel of the throne too and shape better on the Roc N Soc than the Tama thrones .

I also have a Pearl nitro throne with aluminum struts that is lighter in weight than the Roc N Soc but I still prefer the Roc an Sic with the back rest

owr

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the proper question is there anyone who has actually tried/owned a Sound Seat that prefers something else? I have 2, one hydraulic for home, one retrofit (on a canopus aluminum base) for travel.

I may actually start bringing out an old smaller round Roc n Soc top for travel when its a quick jam/gig just cause its smaller, but that really the only advantage I see. I've never had an issue with Roc n Soc or any of the other higher end thrones, I just like the Sound Seats that much more.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the proper question is there anyone who has actually tried/owned a Sound Seat that prefers something else? I have 2, one hydraulic for home, one retrofit (on a canopus aluminum base) for travel.

I may actually start bringing out an old smaller round Roc n Soc top for travel when its a quick jam/gig just cause its smaller, but that really the only advantage I see. I've never had an issue with Roc n Soc or any of the other higher end thrones, I just like the Sound Seats that much more.
That's a fair question. I've never had an opportunity to try a Sound Seat.