Oh, how BORING! A thread on Drum Thrones??? Now with POLL

What is your favorite drum throne? Please forgive notable exceptions.

• Total voters

Reaction score
Yamaha DS840.

The only thing I dislike about it, is this bit:

It keeps loosening up, so you need to tighten it to the extreme.

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yamaha DS840.

The only thing I dislike about it, is this bit:

It keeps loosening up, so you need to tighten it to the extreme.
Put an unthreaded locking collar on that threaded rod. I did that to a few thrones of mine. Problem solved.

Blitzcraig

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a Roc-N-Soc for years and years, great thrones. As I'm getting older and it was time for a new saddle I decided to invest in SoundSeat. No backrest just the basic model. They are pricey but super comfortable and they have the "MP" edition which I think stands for "massive person". I guess that's the politically correct way to call some one a fata$$. I have no problem doing a three hour gig sitting on it. As mentioned already it looks a little like office furniture and it's not super ease to cart around.

Asher

Reaction score
I think the proper question is there anyone who has actually tried/owned a Sound Seat that prefers something else? I have 2, one hydraulic for home, one retrofit (on a canopus aluminum base) for travel.

I may actually start bringing out an old smaller round Roc n Soc top for travel when its a quick jam/gig just cause its smaller, but that really the only advantage I see. I've never had an issue with Roc n Soc or any of the other higher end thrones, I just like the Sound Seats that much more.
I can't imagine going back after getting a Sound Seat. I've got one in my piano/bass, and then a retrofit top on a really sturdy base, maybe a Pearl? I think maybe I'll pick up another one when I finally start playing out again so I don't have to grab the one from behind my home kit.