Ok help me out

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This set is available on the DFO. Seems similar.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Century Drum Shop in Toronto is the seller . They only sell vintage gear and generally price their gear too high IMHO . Something doesn’t look right with that kit .

multijd

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There something wrong with those badges. They should be a darker, almost bronze sort of color. I suspect it is a refinish, and somebody tried to polish the badges, which is weird. Also, you can see extra holes from the original rail mount. Definitely not a $4K kit. Maybe 2.5K, if they sound great and the edges haven’t been messed with.
I dont know about the refinish. Wouldn't they have have fixed up the hoops? To me it just looks like a “polish the fenders” kind of job. All of the chrome is real shiny, and the badges too! That tom mount though!! Ouch

paulwells73

Reaction score
I dont know about the refinish. Wouldn't they have have fixed up the hoops? To me it just looks like a “polish the fenders” kind of job. All of the chrome is real shiny, and the badges too! That tom mount though!! Ouch
Yeah, I think you’re right. I just noticed the lighter color of the lacquer underneath the previous location of the rail. This points to an original maple finish that’s darkened somewhat, even before they added that horrific tom mount.

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This set is available on the DFO. Seems similar.

I don’t understand how the OP hasn’t bought this yet ???

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I talked to that drum shop I think almost a year ago for that kit, they have had that kit for a long time I believe. He told me someone famous (forgot the name) played on this kit on some show, he sent me a photo but can’t find it in my email and didn’t care, pretty sure it is the same kit. Anyways, I wouldn’t pay that much for that kit, max $2k.

Edit: found the email from May 2019, it is the same kit..he said this is the kit being played in the video in the 70’s with Peter Appleyard.

Last edited:

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This is the funniest provenance upcharge i've ever seen. "Some guy used these drums playing dixieland music on TV with a bunch of people, so it's worth an extra grand."

I talked to that drum shop I think almost a year ago for that kit, they have had that kit for a long time I believe. He told me someone famous (forgot the name) played on this kit on some show, he sent me a photo but can’t find it in my email and didn’t care, pretty sure it is the same kit. Anyways, I wouldn’t pay that much for that kit, max $2k.

Edit: found the email from May 2019, it is the same kit..he said this is the kit being played in the video in the 70’s with Peter Appleyard.

Latest posts