oK

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's my small but nice collection of modern K's. All have zildjian logo on bottom and most have serial number.

Top Row L to R: 22" Ride, 14" Mastersounds, 20" Crash ride
Second Row: 20" Orchestral, 20" Ride, 18"Pre-Aged Dry Light Ride
Third Row: 18" Dark Crash Medium Thin, 19" Dark Crash, 14" Hats, 18" Dark Thin Crash
IMG_20201121_151254~2.jpg

Last edited:

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
One thing I like about this collection is one can tell by the patina that they have been, and are, played.
That's exactly what they are for. What I don't like I end up selling. My snare collection is the same way, I have 6 Ludwig snares and I use them all, some more than others of course. Two that won't ever be sold 18" Pre-Aged Dry light ride, which is just about the perfect crash and a decent light ride (Doesn't really live up to it's name does it) and the 20" Crash Ride which some will remember Bongo Congo gifted me one Christmas.

My current favorite set up is my 14" Hats, 18" Medium thin and 20" Orchestral which has a nice ping but still crashes easily.

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That snare collection is just perfect in my eyes and ears! Not as much a collection as a stable. Each one has a purpose including a few thoroughbreds. My Ludwigs are quite similar with my Classic Maple, BB and Acrolite seeing most playing time.