Old Friends Cleaned Up

REF

Reaction score
Here's what they looked like last week:

Old Friends1.jpg

Here's what they look like today after a ton of work on my drill. And it is still cranking. The 26 was a beast. First time I ever had to use a lock washer between the nuts to keep the cymbal stable and not spin out. Lots of centrifugal force.

Pings 5.jpg

Tommy D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of dirty cymbals, but those puppies had such an even patina on them. They look like a matched set. I mean, they look beautiful after they were cleaned up, but damn, those may have been cymbals I left dirty and not worried about them.

REF

Reaction score
Do they sound any different?
They have been pretty well kept for forty years so, they sound the same. Though, I will say, they sound clean, which I deduce is just my imagination. The bottoms remained fairly new looking over the years.

felis

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of dirty cymbals, but those puppies had such an even patina on them. They look like a matched set. I mean, they look beautiful after they were cleaned up, but damn, those may have been cymbals I left dirty and not worried about them.

I thought the same, but don't have to say it, because you did.

I wonder if they'll look like the first pic after another 40 years?

:happy1:

REF

Reaction score
I thought the same, but don't have to say it, because you did.

I wonder if they'll look like the first pic after another 40 years?

:happy1:
If they remained in the same environment, probably so. Just dust accumulation and such. If they were regularly dusted and cleaned with a little window cleaner of some kind or, if they were stored/packed away, they should remain close to the way you see them cleaned up.