Old Guy - get off my lawn rant

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
You been drinking tonight Ace? Either way I saved this for posterity.

You may not own the sidewalk in front of your house but in many towns you are required to shovel it, why is that? Also, go into a car dealership and pay cash for a car, ask for the title. They will refuse to give it to you. Why is that?

Nacci.
In a community with deed restrictions, you agree to maintain the area between your lot line and the street. You can even get sued for not maintaining the sidewalk and cutting tree limbs down that restrict the sidewalks and driveways. Not sure about the car title. Maybe it has to go through the county? Ace

kdgrissom

Reaction score
Southerners stress the first syllable:
inSURance becomes INsurance.
cariRIBBean becomes CARAbbean
Yankee becomes A&%hole. (sorry...old joke from my youth)

BTW, anybody grow up around "Warshington", D.C.?

Having hiked the entire Appalachian Trail 1.5 times, I can say that it is pronounced both ways depending where in the mountain chain you happen to be.

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Despite the need to change our customs these days; I still like to press the flesh, hoops regularly

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
Just to defend G.W. Bush somewhat, a long time ago his pronouncement of nuclear was common. Here are two that I watch for with announcers. The T is silent in "often." Also "controversial" ends with "shall." Making it 5 syllables is now acceptable. It's water heater and not hot water heater, BTW. Ace

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Southerners stress the first syllable:
inSURance becomes INsurance.
cariRIBBean becomes CARAbbean
Yankee becomes A&%hole. (sorry...old joke from my youth)

BTW, anybody grow up around "Warshington", D.C.?

Having hiked the entire Appalachian Trail 1.5 times, I can say that it is pronounced both ways depending where in the mountain chain you happen to be.
My wife and her mom, and somewhat her dad, say Warshington and warshing machine. Then my wife will also say quarter without that first 'r'.

Velociamator

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You been drinking tonight Ace? Either way I saved this for posterity.

You may not own the sidewalk in front of your house but in many towns you are required to shovel it, why is that? Also, go into a car dealership and pay cash for a car, ask for the title. They will refuse to give it to you. Why is that?

Nacci.
Because the title has to be prepared and mailed to you later--It doesn't exist yet in the form you need.

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I "COULD" care less
(contradicts the desired message)

Skeet6

Reaction score
Because the title has to be prepared and mailed to you later--It doesn't exist yet in the form you need.
Was going to say the same. Private sale, you get a signed copy. Dealer, you get bill of sale, new title issued to you by gov't. (NY, NJ and PA experience)
Mike B

Latest posts