Old Tama serial numbers

Valsmann

Reaction score
Is there somewhere i can look to find out when the Tama Superstar kit i just got was made, going by the serial numbers?

67Mopar

God Speed Jerry
Reaction score
Ive tried in the past and failed, my sn start 83-xxxxx and I know its an 83, and made in Japan, but thats as far as I could get, was told they diddnt keep good track of the sn's, Good luck in your detective work

imthebeat

Reaction score
Tama Forum

Tama Forum- Vintage Tama Drums- Superstar Series- Identifying Your Vintage Superstars

everything you need to know about vintage superstars, including dating, is in this topic, written by a guy from Australia, lots of great pics also.

mudjacker2

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yep...there was a 3-4 year span where tama put the year first 82-xxxxx, 83-xxxx, etc. Beyond those years, you can still determine approximate dates, but must use several clues to work it out. Superstars had limited runs in certain colors, sizes and hardware bits. So, usually, based upon color, sizes and mounts you can pin it down fairly close. Post some pics that show the mounts, badges and drum sizes and Id be happy to help you out.

Valsmann

Reaction score
Thanks everybody.Looks like the kit dates to 86,rack tom early 86 and the kick and floor to late 86.

Latest posts