Old Zildjan

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
[SENTENCE DELETED BY MODERATOR]
It's 22 inch, and weights around 2500 grams. It's in very good condition. A bit of the edge is rough, and the bell seems to have a small ding.
No keyholing, and does sound good.
I just have no idea It's value? I can see the indentation of where the stamp was put on the under side. Not pronounced, but visible.
I'd appreciate any help I can get
20200102_135044.jpg
20200821_103042.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Lol. I just basically gave away a bunch of A, and A Customs from 90's. $50, 75, and 100 for crashes, and 140 for a hardly played ride, and hats.
I was given quite a few when I got an old Artstar from a elderly neighbor who was moving. The bass drums sound incredible. But I digress.
Honestly, I'm selling a few things to get a Presonus board to go with my Studio One DAW. If I could [DELETED BY MODERATOR]

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's a pretty sweet offer.
If there's someone who knows, [DELETED BY MODERATOR]

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This guy seems to know a thing, or two. I am pretty curious, as if this is of value to someone, [DELETED BY MODERATOR]

afwdrums

Reaction score
Ok I’ve had my fun kidding around, in all seriousness, nice cymbal, 22” Trans get good money typically, I’m not so up on current prices but back at the peak of Trans crazy I saw some go north of $1000...I think a nice one these days is more ~$500-650 on the high end, for a nice one...just guessing, but don’t sell it cheap, [DELETED BY MODERATOR]

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The hole is tiny. According to this guy, it seems I may have gotten lucky?
I'll let the experts fill me in. It does not fit on hardware, unless I put a rubber sleave on it

afwdrums

Reaction score
Not me JDA, I’ve never bought or sold to Sinclair (but I’m sure sure we’d both like a crack at the other’s collection!)

Reactions: JDA

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ok I’ve had my fun kidding around, in all seriousness, nice cymbal, 22” Trans get good money typically, I’m not so up on current prices but back at the peak of Trans crazy I saw some go north of $1000...I think a nice one these days is more ~$650, for a nice one...just guessing, but don’t sell it cheap, unless it’s to me, that final offer is pretty righteous :)
Ha. Maybe I'll end up with enough Zildjan $ to get the board

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He didn't mention K, he seemed to be speaking exclusively of A's?
The holes, I would imagine all changed at the same time.
Like I said, [DELETED BY MODERATOR]
I can't find anything from the 40's on Ebay, so I'm hoping that's a good sign
This would be like me finding a 15 inch nice set of pre serial 602's

afwdrums

Reaction score
He's thinking of Old ks..
I said $1000+ was peak crazy, that was about 5-6 years ago, GOOD 22’s did sell over $1000 sometimes...thankfully prices have come down, but I haven’t been tracking current prices other than to know they’re down from the peak crazy...I’m just guessing...it’s not a $1000 cymbal, it’s not a $100 one either, somewhere in between, probably pretty close to right in the middle between, that’s all I’m saying man

and I’m going to go back to being a wise-a$$ now instead of a price speculator

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's a nice Trans Stamp. Do you have a crappy cell video.
I'll make video in a few. I'm not a huge fan of Zildjians at all, but this has a different "character" than any I've heard. It's a nice crash/ride. I'd imagine it would be nice for Jazz

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'd like to see something to compare to. [DELETED BY MODERATOR] If it turns out that it puts me over the top for the board, [DELETED BY MODERATOR]

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Definitely a trans stamp, which puts it late 40's to early 50's. If it's 22" (although it looks smaller in the photo), with that medium thin weight, I would guess $400-ish.

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Definitely a trans stamp, which puts it late 40's to early 50's. If it's 22" (although it looks smaller in the photo), with that medium thin weight, I would guess $400-ish.
It's definitely 22, possibly a bit larger. I'll have to compare it to one of 22 Paiste's
Was the guy in the video accurate about the hole size?
I got a hard case with 10, or so A's. The only cymbal in the case that didn't keyhole was this 22.
I was a bit baffled how small the hole is.
Are their any "experts" on old Zildjians who frequent the board often?

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Let's see if
there's a K Zildjian
Istanbul in there
That would be the jackpot of all jackpots. These were free when I got the 83 10 piece Artstar that included 2 in very good condition. An 8, and 10 inch. No, he didn't have the 20 FT, but I'm not complaining

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There is one other real old cymbal in there. I'll inspect that too. It's a 14, or 15. Those 2 are the only that didn't get severe keyhole.
I have "real" OH's and equipment. Plus, I can record it on an ipad. I'll have to weigh it again, as it's very light...Well compared to anything I have that size