OMG CL deal of the day

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, um, uh... wow.

They've been played very little during the past thirty some years. I'm assuming that he didn't spend much of that free time in a library. "Base drums, peddle, rotor tom, symbols, and ready for mowing" I'm hoping that this was put on CL as a joke.

Assuming that he has not lost the bottom heads and tension rods, I'm wondering how easy it would be to install bottom heads at this point. I remember buying a kit in the early nineties that had not had bottom heads on it in fifteen years, it was a bear to install bottom heads on.

Furious Styles

Reaction score
"Fly tom" is pretty fly. I plan on using that.

"Climatically Controlled" sounds like a Wishbone Ash song.

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
Ha, this one is already making the rounds! :occasion5:

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's funny, the guys posting it all over Virginia Craigslist. I guess he's having a hard time unloading that thing. He needed to include the Simmons but then again he says he already sold them. He's actually selling the least interesting part of that kit!

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There's just so much to enjoy here:
  • Generic Ludwig Rockers which "always remained in climatically controlled music studio until now", with "assessed value of $7,500.00 to $10,000.00".
  • The "extremely valuable" 1966 14x7 Supra, "assessed at $1200", which is clearly a mid-80s Monroe-badged snare.
  • The "rotor" and "fly toms"
  • The plethora of "professional symbols"
  • One "Zildjian hi hat peddle"
  • The cracked professional leather drum stool
I just can't contain myself. Somebody stop me. This is a "super crazy low price".

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The seller including a list of all 6 digit vintage keystone badge serial numbers is priceless. Apparently, it never occurred to the seller that their drum has 7 digits....and doesn't appear on the pre-1970 list. :banghead:

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I see stuff like this on CL all the time in my area. I don't even bother looking here anymore because all the sellers here think that they are holding on to gold. Funny thing is that the stuff never sells because I see the same adds for months. It's ridiculous! If I'm gonna pay more, I might as well buy new.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
“The ropes are removable if you’re a loser.”

Oh, shoot! I must be — not a single one of my drums has a rope anywhere on it!
Gives new meaning to that old Muhammad Ali strategy "rope a dope."

I don't ever recall seeing "freaking orange" in the Ludwig catalog. Perhaps that was a custom finish.

"Birch everything" - Does that include the rims, lugs, and mounting hardware. How novel!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So I would be the loser for wanting to remove the ropes? This is a joke right?

Latest posts