OMG CL deal of the day

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
So what ever happens to these drums? My guess is they end up taking them to the pawn shop and learn a hard lesson and cut their losses. Who knows?

I see stuff like this on CL all the time in my area. I don't even bother looking here anymore because all the sellers here think that they are holding on to gold. Funny thing is that the stuff never sells because I see the same adds for months. It's ridiculous! If I'm gonna pay more, I might as well buy new.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So what ever happens to these drums? My guess is they end up taking them to the pawn shop and learn a hard lesson and cut their losses. Who knows?
I don't know! Apparently if they end up pawned it's a long long time away because like I said, they sit there for months. And it would be dumb if they pawn them instead of just lowering the prices and selling them for a fair price. I don't get people sometimes. When I sell something, I sell it for a fair price that makes the buyer and me happy. And if I'm selling to buy something else, I don't sit on it, I accept offers and take it from there.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My feeling is that these drums stay where they are as a conversation piece, to be pointed at. "Do you KNOW how much these drums are worth?" Guess that's the mantra.

I think the only thing stopping that from being a classic is that the toms are reachable to play. It checks a lot of CL Classic boxes:
1. Egregious misspellings of common words and typos;
2. Outrageous price based on the assumption that many pieces brings big bucks;
3. Refusal to recognize that it's no longer 1987;
4. Ludicrous, easily debunked claims about the age/value/significance of drums/cymbals;
5. 75% of what is pictured isn't included in the sale.

I also didn't see "Bonham", "Ringo", or "Peart" anywhere. So I'm disappointed.

Dan

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My feeling is that these drums stay where they are as a conversation piece, to be pointed at. "Do you KNOW how much these drums are worth?
I'd love to hear the part of that conversation when the receiver answers: "Nowhere near what you think it's worth", LOL!

BBeyer

DFO Master
Reaction score
He posted them on a drums for sale FB group, and myself and some other guys tried to tell him his dating was wrong on the snare and the rockers arent worth much.. He got all bent out of shape and told us we were wrong... And eventually pulled down the post

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve said it before, but whenever I see one of these threads, I’m always a little reticent to click on it just in case the CL ad in question ended up being mine (heaven forbid). Not because I think my listings are anywhere near this crazy, but then again... neither does this guy, ostensibly.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He posted them on a drums for sale FB group, and myself and some other guys tried to tell him his dating was wrong on the snare and the rockers arent worth much.. He got all bent out of shape and told us we were wrong... And eventually pulled down the post
That sounds like a post I saw for a car on Craigslist last week. The guy made a replica of a Rolls Royce Phantom using a 2011 Lincoln Town Car that had 120,000 miles. He was asking $110,000 for the car!

plumbndrum

Reaction score
This Craigslist ad is so funny I had to see if it was originally posted on April 1st.
...I mean there is NO WAY this isn't a spoof...right?

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This Craigslist ad is so funny I had to see if it was originally posted on April 1st.
...I mean there is NO WAY this isn't a spoof...right?
That's funny!
And yes, it's a spoof!

Latest posts