On Drum Podcast, Keltner Talks For An Hour-Plus Without Mentioning Playing Drums or Those Shades

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
One of the reasons, I love The Trap Set with Joe Wong podcast is how the host allows the conversation to flow without forcing a structure or reading a list of the obvious questions off a sheet of paper.

(Note: For you guys who are deadset against hybrid "trap sets," a podcast is like a recorded radio show that you can listen to on your iPod or phone, for free in this case).

On the latest edition, he speaks to Jim Keltner for 1 hour, 40 minutes, and for much of the first hour, the two talk about drumming only obliquely. You do learn a lot about Keltner and what shaped him as a person before the conversation eventually shifts to drumming.

I found it fascinating. Have you heard it?

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
drummers usually always/ talk, like they..play.. it's complicated. Or not.

:D
in fact I'll go as far to say it's true with all musicians...guitar players , bassists, everybody..

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
Joe Wong is a great interviewer. He had just recorded his first solo album, and was getting ready to tour when Covid-19 came along. He then started recording an episode every day!

Bedsides being a drummer he is a film/TV composer. And he seems like a genuinely nice dude.

Latest posts