ON HOLD FOR NOW 1961 Slingerland three piece with shipping prices

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Will ship to the lower 48 per these charges:
$650 (firm) Paypal
(No need for friends and family - I will eat the fees, which provides you with additional protections.)

Shipping via UPS Ground west of the Mississippi add $150
Shipping via UPS Ground east of the Mississippi add $90

Any incurred shipping charges in excess of those listed above will be my responsibility. If shipping charges are less than the costs cited above I will refund the difference.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'll be traveling to Summerville, SC on August 15. I can deliver anywhere off I-95 from Daytona Beach, FL to Walterboro, SC (exit 53) for $650. I will also be in the vicinity of Charleston during the period 15-16 August.

Stopping in Savannah or Hilton Head is not out of the question.

I can also bring and deliver these cymbals along the same route:

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Bump. Still willing to trade locally (within 300 miles of Orlando/Daytona regional area) for a pair of 14" Sabian Crescent Hammertone hihats and 20" Sabian Crescent Hammertone ride. Not open to trading if shipping is involved.

pedro navahas

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
This kit falls into the age old situation of Slingerlands not bringing in the same dollar as the other three brands of vintage kits!
I would bet that if you dropped the price to $650-700 shipped it would move. I’m a firm believer in the mahogany shells sounding phenomenal as I have two full kits and some miscellaneous orphans.
And to reaffirm the 12” deep bass drum, killer drum right there.
As others have said, if I didn’t have a WFL kit in like sizes it would be mine!/

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
This kit falls into the age old situation of Slingerlands not bringing in the same dollar as the other three brands of vintage kits!
I would bet that if you dropped the price to $650-700 shipped it would move. I’m a firm believer in the mahogany shells sounding phenomenal as I have two full kits and some miscellaneous orphans.
And to reaffirm the 12” deep bass drum, killer drum right there.
As others have said, if I didn’t have a WFL kit in like sizes it would be mine!/
If I priced it at $700 shipped I would be getting about $375-$400 for the kit. Not going to do that. I decided to keep them. In fact, even a local sale I have decided to take no less than $750 or, perhaps, trade for some cymbals like Sabian Hammertone hats and ride. But shipping is out of the question. It is now exorbitant and will probably start affecting eBay and Reverb sales in the neat future if the trend of crazy shipping costs continue.

robthetimekeeper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
With all due respect, one could ship that kit anywhere in the US for less than $100. As good as they may sound, it is still a mismatched, re-wrapped kit with extra holes. I sincerely wish you all the best.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
With all due respect, one could ship that kit anywhere in the US for less than $100. As good as they may sound, it is still a mismatched, re-wrapped kit with extra holes. I sincerely wish you all the best.
With all due respect, it cost me $90 to ship three drum cases from FL to CA, so I challenge your assertion. Three soft cases!
ElkGroveCA.jpg

robthetimekeeper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just got a quote from FedEx. 24x24x20 box. From Central Florida to Neah Bay, Washington. $89.90 plus $10 for a box, tape, etc. is still less than a hundred bucks.
If you sign up for a free Fedex account and print your own label, it is much cheaper.
I have shipped plenty of sets this way.
20200929_103415.jpg
Screenshot_20200929-103448_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200929-103506_Gallery.jpg
20200929_103620.jpg